I put a 19yr old Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma PM in the washer and dryer...

I'm all in favour of judging!

And my judgment is that I wouldn't have done this because I would've been too worried about the leather.

Update? Still looking okay? So interesting/baffling that a washing machine worked so well.

Makes you wonder if the LV bags of recent years would hold up as well 2 decades from now?

Vintage is often better in so many ways...

Yes, it still looks the same. I haven't had any issues. I have several vintage bags that have held up very well. I just posted a pic of my 16 yr old Papillon (still in great condition) in the #NationalhandbagDay thread. So, vintage is definitely good in my opinion. I guess we shall find out if the recent items will have lasting power. I have a zippy wallet and neverful that are about 8 years old and it still look good, so maybe... I'll see what happens when they make it to 10 years :smile:

Yes, it still looks the same. I haven't had any issues. I have several vintage bags that have held up very well. I just posted a pic of my 16 yr old Papillon (still in great condition) in the #NationalhandbagDay thread. So, vintage is definitely good in my opinion. I guess we shall find out if the recent items will have lasting power. I have a zippy wallet and neverful that are about 8 years old and it still look good, so maybe... I'll see what happens when they make it to 10 years :smile:

updated picture:

Attachments

• Alma.jpg
    Alma.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 512
Wow that's awesome and brave. Thanks for sharing!

Your Alma is beautiful! Love it with the mono strap added. Great save! Thank you for sharing, I think it's awesome & sometimes older is better:smile:

Update? Still looking okay? So interesting/baffling that a washing machine worked so well.

Makes you wonder if the LV bags of recent years would hold up as well 2 decades from now?

Vintage is often better in so many ways...

Thank you for your kind remarks. I'm very happy with the results and the bag is holding up quite well. I posted an updated picture so you can see how the bag looks months later.