I put a 19yr old Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma PM in the washer and dryer...

You are very brave and I never would have thought to use my floor cleaning products anywhere near my handbag!
Glad it worked out for you, though, and congrats on the pretty L.V. find! :smile:

Hello Everyone!

As promised, I'm back with an update. Its been a little over a month since I washed my Alma handbag in the washing machine. I am happy to report that I have not noticed any issues. :happydance:

The canvas and leather are not dried out and I haven't had to condition or moisturize the leather since the last treatment (when it was washed), so all is well. Here are a few pictures I took last Friday (at Louis Vuitton) and today. As you can see, the bag still looks the same. I think it looks pretty good for a 19 year old handbag and the patina is gorgeous.

So....would I do this again? Yes, if I found a good bargain, and the item can't be cleaned under normal circumstances. Thanks for letting me share this experience with you all.

Attachments

• IMG_00000334.jpg
    IMG_00000334.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_00000353.jpg
    IMG_00000353.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_00000355.jpg
    IMG_00000355.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 842
Reactions: LL777
Hello Everyone!

As promised, I'm back with an update. Its been a little over a month since I washed my Alma handbag in the washing machine. I am happy to report that I have not noticed any issues. :happydance:

The canvas and leather are not dried out and I haven't had to condition or moisturize the leather since the last treatment (when it was washed), so all is well. Here are a few pictures I took last Friday (at Louis Vuitton) and today. As you can see, the bag still looks the same. I think it looks pretty good for a 19 year old handbag and the patina is gorgeous.

So....would I do this again? Yes, if I found a good bargain, and the item can't be cleaned under normal circumstances. Thanks for letting me share this experience with you all.

Nice!

Be Blessed MoNikki

Hello Everyone!

It looks good!!!!

I think you are slightly more crazy than brave and I am in total awe.

The bag looks amazing I just wish I knew which products and wash cycles you were talking about as they mean nothing to me.

Well done. :smile: