The One(ish) A Month Club

I do too. I also enjoy getting dressed more when, instead of some over blown and overstuffed mess, I see a selection that is more carefully chosen, and more me.

I'm thinking over another sweater shell for work to wear under my suit jackets. I got rid of a few things this week - including a top that was pricier but only worn a handful of times and a top that was so great I wore it out (by the second hole that needed repair I decided to say goodbye).

I do worry sometimes that I will spend more but still end up making mistakes and now my mistakes will be more expensive.

You can always sell those 'expensive' mistakes. Not everyone knows their own style immediately.

Sigh... this is a very real possibility. When I was in the process of losing weight, I went through several wardrobe overhauls. All in all, it was certainly expensive.

Unfortunately, there's no way to guarantee not making mistakes. It's human, after all. :hugs: Sometimes, this concern still leads me down the path of considering less expensive alternatives for something I'd like. But, in the end, I try to recognize when I'm settling. So, better to make expensive decisions - if they're right for you - even if a few turn out to be mistakes in the end - and just keep moving forward. :smile: Alternatively, I've made my fair share of inexpensive mistakes... which have added up to a pretty penny, too. :P

I do too. I also enjoy getting dressed more when, instead of some over blown and overstuffed mess, I see a selection that is more carefully chosen, and more me.

I'm thinking over another sweater shell for work to wear under my suit jackets. I got rid of a few things this week - including a top that was pricier but only worn a handful of times and a top that was so great I wore it out (by the second hole that needed repair I decided to say goodbye).

I do worry sometimes that I will spend more but still end up making mistakes and now my mistakes will be more expensive.

This is a wonderful thread!
I try hard not to impulse shop, but a bit difficult because I need more work clothes for my new job.
I've been wanting to purchase a mackage leather jacket and Burberry trench but cannot justify on the price.
Since February,I've bought some tops from banana republic and cardigans and pants from j crew for my new job since I don't have many work pieces.

Thank u FLOWER71 and LEE MILLER for your comments! BUT, I ended up returning the blue skort as it was a inch shorter than what I would have liked. I have a lil' toddler, u see..
The M was too big for me so anyway, I am back to my ONE ITEM in May...:smile:

I've sold almost all my shoes (still need to sell a few) and they were a lot. Now my mum bought me these two on our trip to London, simple classic shoes :smile: low beige clarks and bass weejun loafers!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1368551384.512367.jpg

I think I'm almost done with the basic wardrobe, woohoo! Still on the hunt for a pair of basic high waisted shorts that fit well.

Haven't bought anything this month though (except for my basic things)... So good so far

I'm back in the club for May. Went a little boho this month. Here is my "one" and my "-ish":

image.jpg

The Clarks flip flops are really comfy, and much cuter on (with nail polish) than in the pic. Unfortunately they are "faux leather", but they look real and seem to be nicely made. On sale for $35 from $49. I got them more for convenience than for style - I needed something not too dressy. I really wanted nude flip flops, but most of the lighter colors were too yellow for my skin. I think the closest I would have gotten to my skin tone would have been pink flip flops, which do not read as neutral. So I went for brown, the color of dirt. What could be more practical? (BTW, they had them in fuschia as well!)

The earrings are sterling and amethyst, I think. They are from Local Charm Artisan Jewelry Studio, and they went perfectly with my glasses and face shape. I was so excited. How often do you find larger dangle earrings that comliment your glasses? (The glasses frames gradate from purple at the top to amber on the bottom.) $49 with the email signup discount.

I was trying for a ban this month, but these two items were perfect, discounted, they will get a lot of use, and I had nothing like them. I got a few free restaurant meals last weekend so I felt like celebrating!

Here are a few things I saw this weekend that I put on my wish list:

image.jpg

What do you think of the watch? I fell in love with it when I tried it on. It's large, but I can wear large watches. I thought I'd only be able to wear it with red, white and blue. Maybe black or dark brown, maybe khaki....

The wave pendant is $2K - that may never happen. Very dressy.

The ring looked awesome as a statement pinkie ring. it was perfect with my skin tone, but at $495 for sterling - I don't know.

The disc earrings looked perfect with my glasses (again!). They are large - here is a mod pic:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ippolit...&largeImg=0&tn=largerview_popup&tname=product

I wanted yellow gold, but the rose gold were more versatile and really went well with my glasses. They are so fun! The large ones are rose gold over sterling and are $495. Very nice (Ippolita), but not sure if they are worth the money. I was planning to get small yellow gold ones next year. I think I like the big ones better. :graucho:

What do you think about the ring and disc earrings? Overpriced? I could wait for a 25% off sale maybe.

My May purchase from Barneys Warehouse, it was the last one and in size 34 calling my name desperately. Velvet peak-lapel jacket from the "Les 10 Ans" collection by Alber Ebaz, paid $629 discounted from $3,585, I received it today and it fits beautifully.

Attachments

• lanvin.JPG
    lanvin.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 538
I've sold almost all my shoes (still need to sell a few) and they were a lot. Now my mum bought me these two on our trip to London, simple classic shoes :smile: low beige clarks and bass weejun loafers!

View attachment 2180639

I think I'm almost done with the basic wardrobe, woohoo! Still on the hunt for a pair of basic high waisted shorts that fit well.

Haven't bought anything this month though (except for my basic things)... So good so far
Love the loafers! The shoes are definitely a classic, lovely mum!

My May purchase from Barneys Warehouse, it was the last one and in size 34 calling my name desperately. Velvet peak-lapel jacket from the "Les 10 Ans" collection by Alber Ebaz, paid $629 discounted from $3,585, I received it today and it fits beautifully.
It's beautiful! Well done, the discount is incredible, it was just waiting for you:smile:

I was traveling last week & had no time for purse forum... Just checked in on this thread & am enjoying drooling over everybody's gorgeous new purchases!

I just pulled the trigger on the nude Prada pumps I've been eyeing for almost a year :happydance: E*bates is doing 14% cash back right now at most of the dep't stores which adds up to a pretty penny of savings. My birthday is next week so happy birthday to ME lol.

Also while I was on my trip I scored a pair of Helmut Lang leather leggings for only $89 so that was too great to pass up. They are actually only leather on the front but that makes me less scared of stretching them out & they're super comfy.

Nice jacket and wow what a great deal!!

I'm kinda on the hunt for a Birkin Kelly as this months item, but I'm looking for a vintage one for a nice price :smile:

Shoes for me as well this month :amuse: Bought these Anniel ballerinas from Shoescribe today. I use ballerinas all the time and Anniel fits me perfectly along with French Sole. So I never have to try out many ballerina brands I just stick to these two ;)

44491225VH_14_a.jpg 44491225vh_14_e.jpg

Nice jacket and wow what a great deal!!

I'm kinda on the hunt for a Birkin Kelly as this months item, but I'm looking for a vintage one for a nice price :smile:

Oh god I did it! I just bought my first vintage H bag! Lol i just noticed i said birkin kelly bwhahaha. I got too excited I think, but I meant a hermes kelly!

Love the loafers! The shoes are definitely a classic, lovely mum!

It's beautiful! Well done, the discount is incredible, it was just waiting for you:smile:

The loafers turned out a little bit too small after I walked in them for 2 minutes. So that's kind of ****. Because now I cant exchange them for a bigger pair because you can see they've been worn and so I can't buy another pair because I'll be stuck with this pair! My mum said I should take them to a cobbler to stretch them up, but I'm not sure if it's going to help?! And I'm trying to sell, but seems no one is interested in them...