The One(ish) A Month Club

The loafers turned out a little bit too small after I walked in them for 2 minutes. So that's kind of ****. Because now I cant exchange them for a bigger pair because you can see they've been worn and so I can't buy another pair because I'll be stuck with this pair! My mum said I should take them to a cobbler to stretch them up, but I'm not sure if it's going to help?! And I'm trying to sell, but seems no one is interested in them...
Aww that sucks, but they're wonderful loafers. It should help - either you can try stretching them yourselves by spraying them with some stretching spray and walking around with thicker socks and they should stretch a little, or you can go to the cobbler and they have an extendable shoe contraption that stretches them out. If they're a bit small and that's their only problem, it should be no problem and it'll fix them so you can wear them :smile:

Shoes for me as well this month :amuse: Bought these Anniel ballerinas from Shoescribe today. I use ballerinas all the time and Anniel fits me perfectly along with French Sole. So I never have to try out many ballerina brands I just stick to these two ;)
Congratulations! They're beautifuuuul!

I love ballet flats! These look super cute, and not too over the top in terms of glitter amount. Are the French Sole and Anniel ones really comfortable?

The ring is amazing-- a great staple for the accessories wardrobe!
Thanks! I love it already and want moooooaaar! :biggrin::biggrin:

wise ladies, please help me out.

I haven't bought anything so far this month but I have one big ticket item on my wish list - it is a Balenciaga dress that I really want but I have never gone for such expense on a clothing item. the style is exactly what I have been looking for but

would you spend $1500 for a dress? it is light silk so I am just wondering how durable this is. I had a kaftan in very light silk from Michael Kors and it has worn like iron, seriously one of the best investments but?

does anyone have experience with Bal dresses? thanks in advance

I haven't bought anything so far this month but I have one big ticket item on my wish list - it is a Balenciaga dress that I really want but I have never gone for such expense on a clothing item. the style is exactly what I have been looking for but

would you spend $1500 for a dress? it is light silk so I am just wondering how durable this is. I had a kaftan in very light silk from Michael Kors and it has worn like iron, seriously one of the best investments but?

Personally I would not spend that amount on a dress for 'durability ' in my wardrobe experience the absolute maximum lifespan for an item is about 5 years. After that, fashion moves on and the body changes so a clear out is in order to avoid looking dated.

Last edited:

I can't spend that much on a dress unless it's for a really special event or I think I'll be wearing it A LOT. It also depends on your budget I guess. I love Bal clothes but have never bought retail full price. HTH!:smile:

Ooh keep showing us. Sounds VERY exciting. You should check out doc,s thread as she has some amazing restoration tips for older bags.;) I love vintage!

I bought it! My first Kelly. She is around 15 years old (that's what the guy said at least who was selling it for his mother). Even though I got her authenticated, I still am so afraid that I am ending up with a fake, I mean you never know.. I'm looking at a lot of authentic bags to compare, but I mean, I'm no expert. I'm hoping to receive her this week.

I couldn't spend that much on a dress either. I have one HL dress, which I already thought was really expensive for a dress and that was 800 dollars. I'd rather invest the money in a bag or something.

Aww that sucks, but they're wonderful loafers. It should help - either you can try stretching them yourselves by spraying them with some stretching spray and walking around with thicker socks and they should stretch a little, or you can go to the cobbler and they have an extendable shoe contraption that stretches them out. If they're a bit small and that's their only problem, it should be no problem and it'll fix them so you can wear them :smile:

Congratulations! They're beautifuuuul!

I love ballet flats! These look super cute, and not too over the top in terms of glitter amount. Are the French Sole and Anniel ones really comfortable?

Thanks! I love it already and want moooooaaar! :biggrin::biggrin:
Yes I am going to take them to the cobbler this week and really am hoping that they will fit good after, and even if they stretch just a little bit, I can always do the sock trick.

Finally realised the importance of outerwear!! I can be so slow sometimes!! :whistle:

I often wear jeans and flats or boots. I got very nice blazers and leather jackets but have been needing a coat as well as often it just isn't warm enough in London. I've gathered a nice handbag collection now but realised I still manage to look scruffy because I wear sporty jackets/coats. :angel: So I bit the bullet and got a Burberry trench and a Sandro summer coat.

Attachments

• 6e86702743415035affe2e0d0bce12f877241487.jpeg
    6e86702743415035affe2e0d0bce12f877241487.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 369
  • 341989.65.jpg
    341989.65.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 351
Finally realised the importance of outerwear!! I can be so slow sometimes!! :whistle:

I often wear jeans and flats or boots. I got very nice blazers and leather jackets but have been needing a coat as well as often it just isn't warm enough in London. I've gathered a nice handbag collection now but realised I still manage to look scruffy because I wear sporty jackets/coats. :angel: So I bit the bullet and got a Burberry trench and a Sandro summer coat.
A great classic! Lovely coat, it never gets better than a true Burberry trench coat, IMO;)

Congrats! You can never go wrong with the Burberry Trench. I love mine so much ;)