Anyone ever purchase at farfetch.com?

I ordered a bag last night and received the following message from them this morning... Just wondering if anyone had the same experience? They asked me send the copy of credit card and passport........Looks weird!! TIA!

Thank you for placing your order at farfetch.com

Unfortunately, we have been unable to confirm some of your purchase details.

farfetch.com offers our first time customers an option to ensure security of their transactions whilst causing them as little inconvenience as possible.

For this reason, we kindly request for a proof of your name and billing address, which should match the name of the card holder for the card used to make the purchase.

This can be a copy of the following documents:

• Credit or debit card and Passport/Id Card

Please email a copy of the proof to [email protected] quoting your order number. If you need to use a fax to send us the document kindly contact us and a fax number will be provided. Then your order will be completed and dispatched.

We guarantee that all personal data will be kept private and confidential, and that we will never give out any of your personal data without your authorization. For further details check the farfetch.com Privacy Policy.

We hope you understand that we need to protect both you and farfetch.com against online fraud. These measures are in place only for your first order; you will, after this, be able to shop online with us without any such inconveniences.

We will assume that you wish to cancel your order if we don´t receive any response from you until the 3rd day after the reception of this email.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your patience and understanding.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Team

^ i have had the same too.
they often do that on first customers or if the amount is quite big.
i would assume it is best for your own security.

whoever orders from them would love to see pics!!!

hi ladies, i will be placing an order through farfetch on friday and will gladly share my experiences! it will be my first time ordering anything through them. i am going for a fendi chameleon and it's coming from a boutique in italy. i am hoping for a smooth transaction and semi-fast shipping :smile: i'll keep you posted once i place my order and receive my new bag! yay!

When you are a first-time buyer, you must verify your credit card + identity. I sent them what they asked for and the transaction went through super smoothly! I placed my order on Friday, and my bag has already shipped out today (Monday). I will keep you gals updated, but so far I'm impressed with the communication + support I've gotten from Farfetch.

For example, I called multiple times on Friday to ask questions, verify what they needed from me to allow my transaction to go through, and make sure I was doing everything correctly. I spoke to the same young lady 3 times in probably a 45 minute period, and she was patient and kind and had a sense of humor thankfully because I'm sure I was being a pain in the butt! :smile: Additionally, when I emailed them, they responded in a timely fashion.

I work in the marketing + communications industry and good customer service is key with me. Farfetch definitely has exhibited above par customer service to me personally. I would recommend their services based on that alone.

I'll definitely also be posting a review/reveal of my bag in the Givenchy forum in the coming days (I ended up going with an Antigona vs the Fendi Chameleon). The bag is coming from Vienna boutique, Liska. I'm hoping it's packaged nicely + the bag quality is perfect. I'm super picky. I did a search for their name in the Purse Forum, and outside of the OP who had a bad experience with the soiled Fendi they got on sale, it seems buyers have had a good experience with the boutique, including one who ordered a black Antigona back in October (see her thread http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/my-first-givenchy-miss-antigona-775543.html for reference).

Hope this review helps for those considering Farfetch! I will include my link here for those who are interested in the reveal on the bag when it arrives xx

Last edited:
I ordered from them once and it was great! Plus, I didn't realize there was a private sale going on at the time, emailed customer service about it and they credited me the difference from what I paid vs the sale price.

I have my eye on a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag and it's on sale! As of now, my grand total is $423.97 which includes the shipping. However I'm getting it shipped to the Philippines and I know that will include tax and duties. However, the site says that before checkout, they'll state how much duty or tax I must pay when I get to pick it up in the post office. But I don't see it anywhere! Should I click on "Make Payment" before I get to see it?

It's my first time shopping at Farfetch.com and I don't want it to be a bad experience.

This is how my checkout page looks like (minus my credit card details, of course)

imageftw.com/uploads/20130310/farfetch.jpg

(Weird. I already made a post and surprisingly it isn't here. So I'm sorry if this will be a double-post)

I'm about to purchase a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that's on sale. And as of now, my grand total is $423.97 which includes shipping. I'm getting it shipped to the Philippines and I know that will call for duty and tax. And this is what's indicated on their Shipping FAQ page:

"For customers in the Rest of the World, prices for each item are shown as Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU)"

But in my checkout page, there's no such thing! The summary only has the price of the bag and the shipping fee. Here's a screenshot:
imageftw.com/uploads/20130310/farfetch.jpg

I thought maybe I'll see it once I click on "Make Payment" but I don't want to take any chances since it's my first time shopping through Farfetch. Help?

I ordered a Purse a couple of weeks ago through Farfetch.com (from a store in Italy). 4 days after placing the order, the order status was set to "returned to shipper". Also got a bill from DHL for shipping & taxes (I live in Norway), even though they couldn't possibly have attempted to deliver my package, as I was home the whole time, and did not receive any phone calls. I contacted Farfetch.com customer service, and they told me no refund was possible. Even though the product is returned to the store in the same condition, the answer I got was: "Since you were not available for delivery, the package was returned to shipper. Please understand that you are liable for the duties that could occur on this shipment." This is the worst shopping experience ever! I don't know if I'll ever get my $ 175 back, + the $ 70 bill from DHL. This is just unbelievable. Would'nt recommend Farfetch to anyone! If something goes wrong, you have NO RIGHTS.

I ordered a Purse a couple of weeks ago through Farfetch.com (from a store in Italy). 4 days after placing the order, the order status was set to "returned to shipper". Also got a bill from DHL for shipping & taxes (I live in Norway), even though they couldn't possibly have attempted to deliver my package, as I was home the whole time, and did not receive any phone calls. I contacted Farfetch.com customer service, and they told me no refund was possible. Even though the product is returned to the store in the same condition, the answer I got was: "Since you were not available for delivery, the package was returned to shipper. Please understand that you are liable for the duties that could occur on this shipment." This is the worst shopping experience ever! I don't know if I'll ever get my $ 175 back, + the $ 70 bill from DHL. This is just unbelievable. Would'nt recommend Farfetch to anyone! If something goes wrong, you have NO RIGHTS.
I'm so sorry about your experience, that's just unacceptable! Did you get the money back for the cost of the purse? Or they refused to refund that as well?!

I did! took 6 days for it to arrive. had to call them @ LA I think (I am from Canada) just to speed up my credit card verification. was shipped the next day from ITALY, and it arrived in pristine condition with NO hefty fees from DHL!!!! :woohoo: love their service! (i got charged by DHL 70 dollars for a 200 minkoff bag from new york -_-)