Anyone ever purchase at farfetch.com?

farfetch.com is an amazing and very efficient website. i live in Switzerland so most products are sold out/unavailable here. i do all my shopping from them for over a year now, and receive the sweetest hand written notes thanking me :smile: they're a great team - I would definitely recommend (although discreetly, I love them so much I'm almost secretive :smile:.

I am kind of annoyed. Apparently farfetch won't let me purchase items on sale if I'm not in the same country as the boutique! Tried purchasing two different Dolce and Gabbana totes from two different boutiques (just to see if I could get through to the payment details page) and both times it told me no cross border transactions for these items! Guess I'm sticking with my US department stores...no thanks!

I am in the US and have not had a problem ordering from any of the overseas boutiques. Everything has arrived in lovely condition and beautifully packaged.....and many times much less expensive than purchasing in the US! (Less initial price with exchange rate, no tax, and free shipping)

Personally, I feel the entire concept is pure genius:girlsigh:

Yesss, I've purchased a McQueen bangle and I live in Hong Kong, so things usually take forever to arrive, but it came within a few days all the way from Italy in perfect condition. I would definitely recommend this website to anyone!

I made my first order through farfetch during their 20% off of sale items sale and it was an awesome shopping experience! I was going on vacation and worried that my item would show up while I was gone but the boutique (SMETS in Luxembourg, I think) shipped the item so quickly that it arrived before I even left. SMETS packaged the items impeccably, too. I will definitely order from farfetch again.
I was looking for someone to say something about Smets!

I ordered an expensive accessory from Farfetch/Smets and they sent something that was similar, but not what they pictured. It was actually some old stock of something that was around years ago, but the Farfetch webiste showed a picture of the newer version with a much better shape... it wasn't even clean. How can I know what I'm buying if they don't put up the right pictures?

I had DHL pick it up andI emailed Farfetch and told them I refuse to pay for shipping, which is not credited for a return. They said they'd ask Smets.

By the way, my item was just thrown in a box. The worst packaging I've ever seen.

I needed to rant about Smets... I feel better now. I hope they credit me the second they receive the item back.

Last edited:

I ordered an expensive accessory from Farfetch/Smets and they sent something that was similar, but not what they pictured. It was actually some old stock of something that was around years ago, but the Farfetch webiste showed a picture of the newer version with a much better shape... it wasn't even clean. How can I know what I'm buying if they don't put up the right pictures?

I had DHL pick it up andI emailed Farfetch and told them I refuse to pay for shipping, which is not credited for a return. They said they'd ask Smets.

By the way, my item was just thrown in a box. The worst packaging I've ever seen.

I needed to rant about Smets... I feel better now. I hope they credit me the second they receive the item back.
That's weird because the order I got from SMETS was packaged really well. It included a bracelet that actually a replacement for one I bought from Zappo's Couture which was damaged from poor packaging. It was just thrown into a bag and rattling around in a much larger box and all of that slamming around damaged the clasp.

Then, the day I got it and tried to call Zappo's and complain just happened to be the day that everyone at Zappo's was attending their all-hands meeting or whatever and couldn't answer the phone. Everyone I know always tells me that Zappo's has the best service but my experience doesn't bear that out. Just like my experience with Smets was great and yours was poor.

Just a reminder to all companies that they should treat each and every order with care, I guess. Sorry you had that hassle and I hope they pay your return shipping.

I have always had very good experience with Farfetch.
But ITA with you regarding the packaging from SMETS is very disappointing, I had ordered a very expensive Ann Demeulemeester leather jacket $3000.. which seemed like it had just been stuffed in the box,I really wanted the jacket so I kept it but was very upset at the lack of detail and attention of the packaging.I won't be ordering from this particular boutique anymore.

I have always had very good experience with Farfetch.
But ITA with you regarding the packaging from SMETS is very disappointing, I had ordered a very expensive Ann Demeulemeester leather jacket $3000.. which seemed like it had just been stuffed in the box,I really wanted the jacket so I kept it but was very upset at the lack of detail and attention of the packaging.I won't be ordering from this particular boutique anymore.
I like Farfetch too but this was the first time ordering from Smets.

Just an update about my return to Smets. I got my refund in about 10 days... and I wrote Farfetch a letter saying how disappointed I was in Smets, in that they sent something that was different from the photo and description.

I saw that Smets put the wrong thing up for sale again.

So whomever buys the accessory is going to get the same surprise as I did. They will get something completely different from what they ordered.

I bought a bracelet from farfetch's partner boutique Jofré (Spain). It was almost a nightmare because I almost did not get the package. DHL delivered to the wrong person! Needless to say, after a couple of days of phone calls with DHL and emails to farfetch, the package arrived at my door. And I saw how easily the DHL driver could make the mistake. The font size on the shipping label was so tiny it was really hard to read! I gave my feedback to farfetch about my experience and hopefully they pass it down to the partner boutiques who pack and ship the items. That was my first purchase from farfetch but it will not be the last.

They have huge markups. Oftentimes you can purchase directly from the boutique at a much lower cost.

I don't think so. Comparing the prices of most boutiques in Europe plus custom duty and shipping cost and the prices posted on farfetch US site , they are almost same. Also most of the listing prices without any discount on farfetch are lower than the prices in physical stores of US.

I just ordered my first thing from Farfetch, from a boutique called Stefania Mode in Italy. it was heavily discounted. At first it was half price and then latergone down another $100 so I bought the bag today. I hope it's not some seconds....oh well, it seems like there is a lot of problems with returns and poor packaging, according to the posts on this thread. I guess it is difficult for farfetch to gurantee that their partner boutique will package nicely and treat each order with care....

finger crossed, I hope my bag arrived packed well, as it was a good deal and I really really want it ....