Anyone ever purchase at farfetch.com?

Had quite a few orders from Farfetch and have been pretty happy so far. Their service is super and the retune is very easy and smooth. Also I always can find nice stuff which I can not see at the other sites. I love Farfetch.

(Weird. I already made a post and surprisingly it isn't here. So I'm sorry if this will be a double-post)

I'm about to purchase a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that's on sale. And as of now, my grand total is $423.97 which includes shipping. I'm getting it shipped to the Philippines and I know that will call for duty and tax. And this is what's indicated on their Shipping FAQ page:

"For customers in the Rest of the World, prices for each item are shown as Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU)"

But in my checkout page, there's no such thing! The summary only has the price of the bag and the shipping fee. Here's a screenshot:
imageftw.com/uploads/20130310/farfetch.jpg

I thought maybe I'll see it once I click on "Make Payment" but I don't want to take any chances since it's my first time shopping through Farfetch. Help?
Hi kimchikisses. I'm also from the Philippines and I'm wondering if you made the purchase from farfetch after all. If so, how much did you have to pay for import duties? How was the transaction? Thanks!

Reactions: striveforluxury
I am kind of annoyed. Apparently farfetch won't let me purchase items on sale if I'm not in the same country as the boutique! Tried purchasing two different Dolce and Gabbana totes from two different boutiques (just to see if I could get through to the payment details page) and both times it told me no cross border transactions for these items! Guess I'm sticking with my US department stores...no thanks!

Placed my very first order on farfetch last Wednesday evening for a scarf from a boutique in Italy and I must say the whole process went really smoothly! The scarf arrived earlier (it's Monday today) and considering I am in Canada, it had come earlier than I had anticipated :biggrin: The package was very nicely wrapped with a beautiful bow and scented flower petals. I know that the packaging is unique to the store the item is coming from but it definitely added a nice touch and had a 'wow' factor :smile: All in all, I will definitely order from farfetch again as the prices are good and the selection is one you can't find anywhere in North America! Thank you farfetch!!

Placed my very first order on farfetch last Wednesday evening for a scarf from a boutique in Italy and I must say the whole process went really smoothly! The scarf arrived earlier (it's Monday today) and considering I am in Canada, it had come earlier than I had anticipated :biggrin: The package was very nicely wrapped with a beautiful bow and scented flower petals. I know that the packaging is unique to the store the item is coming from but it definitely added a nice touch and had a 'wow' factor :smile: All in all, I will definitely order from farfetch again as the prices are good and the selection is one you can't find anywhere in North America! Thank you farfetch!!

Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for shipping? I live in the UK and they wanted to charge me £21 delivery from a boutique in Italy for a pair of flats!

I made my first order through farfetch during their 20% off of sale items sale and it was an awesome shopping experience! I was going on vacation and worried that my item would show up while I was gone but the boutique (SMETS in Luxembourg, I think) shipped the item so quickly that it arrived before I even left. SMETS packaged the items impeccably, too. I will definitely order from farfetch again.

Had I not been too excited to buy a Fendi bag from farfetch seeing that it was priced 30% off sometime in the last week of June, I would have been able to avail of another 20%off during the 20%off sale in July. What a super buy that would have been!

Anyway, i tried to request for a price adjustment. I was declined politely.

Bottomline, I'm still happy with my purchase!

Reactions: striveforluxury
For those of you who have bought from farfetch, it would be great to share which boutique you have purchased from and the packaging, if any.
I will try and find pics of what I've bought in the past...

I am kind of annoyed. Apparently farfetch won't let me purchase items on sale if I'm not in the same country as the boutique! Tried purchasing two different Dolce and Gabbana totes from two different boutiques (just to see if I could get through to the payment details page) and both times it told me no cross border transactions for these items! Guess I'm sticking with my US department stores...no thanks!

really?? wow! thanks for posting this - I was considering a Pucci dress but now will rethink...yikes!

For those of you who have bought from farfetch, it would be great to share which boutique you have purchased from and the packaging, if any.
I will try and find pics of what I've bought in the past...

My order came from Parisi Boutique in Italy. The handbag came wrapped in dark blue tissue with Parisi ribbon around it. The bag was stuffed so it didn't come flat.