UPDATE!! The ring is here! Stress be gone! (pics pg 18)

If you get a refund, what will you do? I'm not 100% clear about the history of your ring - is the diamond yours and just the setting WF's/Vatche's? Are you going to take the stone and re-set it elsewhere? I read in your other thread when you announced the crack in your setting that another tPFer suggested giving Tiffany another try. Is your diamond a Tiffany diamond?

I own my stone, it's from GOG. I had issues with WF for my wedding band, and issues with Tiffany for my very original engagement ring. As far as setting issues:
After we returned the Tiffany ring, we went to a local jeweler my friend suggested, and we got my stone, and they made and botched about 4 settings before they finally got one right. Somehow we got stuck paying for all of that. I wore that for a while, til I needed work on it, bec there was something going on with the head that held the diamond. They changed the head for me but they used gold solder-and I am VIOLENTLY allergic to gold. They didn't want to replace it but we made them and we got stuck paying $800 in the end, with a ring that was mutilated. I ended up having to replace that setting elsewhere, and then about a year later it got stolen. So when I replaced my stone through GOG, they set it into a simple setting for me. I had a local guy resize it and they damaged it majorly. So I had to have it reset again, and that went horribly wrong. Then I decided if I was going to reset this thing, I was getting a good setting so I decided on the Vatche. And I found a local jeweler that was willing to help me out. And that's where we are now, with Vatche not producing good pieces for me.

IF I get my money back, and am not stuck still dealing with them, Ill probably have the local jeweler either CAD me something similar with a few changes to the design I'd like, OR order me something else that he has more faith in.

Ame, what you've gone through with your ring is flabbergasting and abhorring. I can't believe jewelers can be so inept. It's either true lack of skill or sheer gross negligence. I'm so sorry you've had to go through so much, especially with having your ring before this get stolen. I hope you get a refund. I don't know if I'd go through having Vatche make a third setting for me. At this point, I'd just assume they were clowns and ask for the CAD or the order from another designer. If you do have it re-done again, I hope they FINALLY do get it right! It's what they do for a living and it's their skill. You'd think they'd get it right every time, and if not, the second time around!!

No kidding! This really looked like a joke. They clearly rushed it. And I don't even know how their "quality control" would let this out the door! It was a case of "eh that's good enough" and not "that's good!"

We'll see how they reply. I think my jeweler is goin to BCC me on the email with the pics. I hope. I was hoping he'd send them Sat but we left right at closing and they had a charity event that evening.

I have news:

So...I emailed a nice fella that formerly was with Vatche though is now with a different online vendor the other day asking who I complain to up at Vatche. He emailed me last night asking for the timeline, the details. He called them last night after receiving those details, and this morning my jeweler dude had a phone call from the VP apologizing and explaining that he didn't even need the fella I emailed to tell him who it was involving because he already knew. He told Jeweler Dude that Mr. Vatche himself has seen the timeline, the details and the photos jeweler dude sent up there. Mr. Vatche is going to remake my ring himself. He has no idea of a timeline as to when we will see it though but that's pretty huge.

Jeweler Dude said that the VP informed him that as soon as they unbox the ring they will sit down together and call him to discuss.

Jeweler Dude and I agreed that if this doesn't turn out perfect, we're gonna call this a lost cause and try another option.

I agree, this sounds VERY promising indeed! If anyone can do it, Mr. Vatche can, and if he of all people can't get it right, you rightly deserve a refund and a path to another option. I'm crossing my fingers for you! Good luck!

Jeweler dude told me about it while I was there today. How freakin exciting! Vatche himself!!! I'd ask for documentation that it was done by him...it'll only add to the value. And I hope you can look at it as a good thing, with Vatche himself making it, and be able to let go of all the other crap, cause you deserve to love and be happy with your ring. :smile:

Jeweler dude told me about it while I was there today. How freakin exciting! Vatche himself!!! I'd ask for documentation that it was done by him...it'll only add to the value. And I hope you can look at it as a good thing, with Vatche himself making it, and be able to let go of all the other crap, cause you deserve to love and be happy with your ring. :smile:
I am trying to look at it that way. That the master crafted my ring for me. And that it will be right.

Did you enjoy your time with Mr. Jeweler Dude? He's totally friggin awesome isn't he?! I told him you might be by. :smile: I totally can hear you saying "I want to look at some settings, but not by Vatche". And I think I can already see his reaction in my brain.

I'm certain this ring will be made right especially if Mr Vatche himself is in charge of your ring.

You must feel like Royalty!
I kind of do. I am both excited and nervous now.

I have news:

So...I emailed a nice fella that formerly was with Vatche though is now with a different online vendor the other day asking who I complain to up at Vatche. He emailed me last night asking for the timeline, the details. He called them last night after receiving those details, and this morning my jeweler dude had a phone call from the VP apologizing and explaining that he didn't even need the fella I emailed to tell him who it was involving because he already knew. He told Jeweler Dude that Mr. Vatche himself has seen the timeline, the details and the photos jeweler dude sent up there. Mr. Vatche is going to remake my ring himself. He has no idea of a timeline as to when we will see it though but that's pretty huge.

Jeweler Dude said that the VP informed him that as soon as they unbox the ring they will sit down together and call him to discuss.

Jeweler Dude and I agreed that if this doesn't turn out perfect, we're gonna call this a lost cause and try another option.

Well, this sounds promising...FINALLY! You have had such a huge mess with this whole order; I feel so bad for you! It's just amazing that a company with such alleged high standards ends up treating people this way when they're paying good money for their products. It's too bad it took this long to halfway reach some sort of resolution.

I hope Mr. Vatche gets it right for you, and I hope he does it quick! The waiting you've had to endure only to be disappointed over and over again is just 100% unacceptable.