UPDATE!! The ring is here! Stress be gone! (pics pg 18)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Yay!! I'm so happy for you!! You were persistent and insistent and you WILL get your perfect ring after all. Good for you!

:smile:

2. Agreed. I hope so too. I can't wait for the latest update. I am spinning! This is the best news in days. I have a lot going on in my personal life right now and this was a necessary positive.

I hope so! Thanks!

3. I was wondering how your DH is hanging in there Ame, but I imagine he's equally if not more so unimpressed by this recent fiasco.

I'm looking forward (as I'm sure we all are) to this final chapter of your ring setting quest. I think it will be very special piece once he completes it.

4. I am hopeful. I am forcing myself to be anyway. My DH thought this was great, but he's probably more skeptical now than me. And I am wicked skeptical.

5. This is awesome! I can't wait to see the pics of your PERFECT ring when it's all done!

6. It really could be on your finger in two weeks if they truly put the 'foot to the pedal' to cut the wax, cast and finishing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you after all the drama you've had to deal with. We don't carry Vatche in the store where I work because they were a pia to deal with as far as getting doable turnarounds for customers.

Great news for you!

7. I am feeling a million emotions. This news today was honestly the only positive part of the last weekend. Personal losses and issues really did not help me get past the frustration of a stupid little inanimate object but at least knowing there's a chance this will be done, and hopefully perfect, that helped me a little today.

You are not the first person now to tell me that they were hard to work with. I have hope that HIM doing it, it will be right, and within a couple weeks time. I think the guy I spoke with that was formerly at Vatche (til recently) said that head is not cast, that's completely done with hand wire work, but I know the ring part is cast and welded.

I really hope that this is done in two weeks. I am SO ready to move on.

8. Forget moving on......more importantly, you want to enjoy your ring!!! That's the beauty of wearing one.....to enjoy!

9. I have a good feeling about this!

10. I agree with Contessa. Jewellery should be something that makes you happy... maybe just resolve to put all your feelings about it aside until it comes back and be determined to be happy with the outcome. Positive vibes in, focusing on a positive outcome, that sort of thing? There's no point stressing over this - either it will come back the way you want it to or it won't, at which point you'll have some decisions to make. Sending good thoughts your way that it turns out just the way you want.

11. Yay! I'm so excited for you Ame. Hopefully you and your ring will finally get the attention you deserve and you'll receive a beautiful setting of your dreams. Best of luck! (And keep us posted!)

12. Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

13. Update on rings:
    Last night I was there sorting the melee for my wedding band and approving the casting. I told them I'd sharpie the reject stones before I gave them the band and I completely f'ing forgot. So I sorted through them with asets, idealscopes and h&a viewers one by one lol.

Got this email earlier from Jeweler Dude about the ERing

All I want to know is how is it that I waited 3+ weeks for each go around and now that the master is involved it's 4 days!

14. I say just be glad that it will be done right this time and let the bad feelings go. And hopefully these four days will be your final wait of this saga. Good luck! :smile:

15. That's where I am trying to get my head to!