Sister wives

^ Hmmm...do you really think these women have self esteem issues? Polygamy is still practiced in many cultures around the world, and while it's not my cup of tea, who am I to cast shade on someone else's culture? Now we ALL know about the FLDS groups that live on communes where the kids are raped and the boys thrown out at 13, and THAT of course is repulsive. However, to paint the entire polygamist community with that same brush seems a little unfair. Th at being said, I didn't particularly care for the way in which this show is being produced. I'd rather SEE the interaction in this family,rather than be TOLD how they feel and what they feel. Talk is cheap, in my book, so I am somewhat skeptical of how truthful this family is being about how "normal" their lives really are. Also, methinks DRAMA will errupt when Papa brings home the new wife. She's younger, prettier, and thinner than the rest of the wives so this WILL NOT go over well. If Papa had been thinking with the right brain he would have seen this coming MILES away.

but I thought Polygamy involves being married to multiple people. This guy is only married to one, but has other 'fake wives/girfrliends'. To me that's even worse, because at least if they're married and something tragic happens, I assume they will be taken care of. But if they're his girlfriends, the wife will get the bulk of his estate. The girlfriends will get the short end of the stick, if he hasn't made other provisions.

Either way, I think it's a mess...

ITA, the ish is gonna hit the fan when he brings home a new, younger, more attractive chick!

EVen if they are 'sealed', the other wives have no legal recourse for themselves or their kids. Hopefully, he has set up some sort of trust for his other wives and kids.
I didn't watch it. Is it worth watching when it repeats?

I still cannot believe that this is real.

I watched the first show and I will probably watch the rest of the season. It's going to be interested with this new woman coming in. I think the first wife is going to be the main one struggling with the new wife. Something about her seems "different" then the rest as well. I think she's struggling with some things.

I personally don't care for the guy because I think his whole reason for being a Fundamentalistic Mormon was just so he could have multiple wives. He wasn't raised in the life like the first and third wife, who I'm personally more sympathetic too because they were and it's what they know. I think it was the best case scenario that all the kids were raised together so having this ready made family with the new wife coming in should be interesting.