YSL price increase

Better than starting next mo! OMG!

I started around the same time as you but have pretty much bought from dept stores, boutiques, preloved and once a personal shopper bc there is no discounting with YSL directly.

I don't forsee myself buying another YSL soon unless I see some amazing deal on some discontinued items that Iike. I have seen some good deals tempt me though!
The prices are already too high to begin with and then you add at least 2 increases every year..it's becoming outrageous. Was it always this frequent? I really wanted to add a white piece and I was considering the Kate. I just purchased the Loulou so the Kate will have to wait.
I prefer to buy from YSL directly as the two pieces I got from Saks had something go wrong with them, but it was probably just bad luck. The SA's at the boutique have been really helpful and advised to buy from YSL directly as they can provide better help when things go wrong with the bag.

The prices are already too high to begin with and then you add at least 2 increases every year..it's becoming outrageous. Was it always this frequent? I really wanted to add a white piece and I was considering the Kate. I just purchased the Loulou so the Kate will have to wait.
I prefer to buy from YSL directly as the two pieces I got from Saks had something go wrong with them, but it was probably just bad luck. The SA's at the boutique have been really helpful and advised to buy from YSL directly as they can provide better help when things go wrong with the bag.
Not sure if it's always been 2x a year price increases but it's been that way the last 2 years for sure.

Yes, when you buy luxury bags from other retailers, the brands may tell you to take it up with the retailer you purchased from. I haven't had this with YSL (I have been lucky with no issues) but have gotten this from another brand.

I can’t believe how much YSL prices have increased! I paid 1390 euros for my large Niki with black hardware on Mytheresa privat sale some years ago. It was a bargain compared to these new prices. :P

I have my eye on one of the clutches. I’m thinking because of the “hacks” that are getting a bit more popular might cause an increase on this item. What do you guys think?
Last time I believe there wasn't a big increase on these. But it is getting more popular so maybe. There is a lot of love for the wristlet clutch on this thread. I have never purchased it personally as I like to carry more stuff but it has tempted me.

I have my eye on one of the clutches. I’m thinking because of the “hacks” that are getting a bit more popular might cause an increase on this item. What do you guys think?
View attachment 5767157
I wanted to get the black hardware version but haven't get around to doing it.
I want the sunset medium black hardware but at the current price point, it horrifies me to think it might chip. At least the clutch's price point isn't that high.
However, I've bought the clutch in silver hardware previously and returned because it felt, uhm, plasticky? So not sure what to do now.

I wanted to get the black hardware version but haven't get around to doing it.
I want the sunset medium black hardware but at the current price point, it horrifies me to think it might chip. At least the clutch's price point isn't that high.
However, I've bought the clutch in silver hardware previously and returned because it felt, uhm, plasticky? So not sure what to do now.
FWRD has the black hardware medium sunset for $2490. I believe you can also apply 20% off to it :smile:

Reactions: Antigone
Is it ok to buy from Net-a-porter instead of Saint Laurent website? My partner has a percent back (I think 10% or less) from Net-a-porter.

I'm wondering in terms of problems down the road (i.e., quality, repair etc).

View attachment 5767157
They are great pieces! I was all about them and then ended up selling them off bc it wasn’t practical enough for me but I can definitely see the price going up because it’s such a better buy than the WOC!