YSL price increase

These prices increase are too frequent and too high every time! Does YSL still do the private sales I've read about online? I've never gotten an email from them..when does it happen usually?

These prices increase are too frequent and too high every time! Does YSL still do the private sales I've read about online? I've never gotten an email from them..when does it happen usually?

To my knowledge YSL have stopped their private sales.
My SA told me in 2021 that it was going to be the last year of private sales and sales in boutiques. (It used to be that the private sale was done first, and then it was a little more open to the public a week or 2 later.) We chatted about it a little bit, something about refining the brand and making it more of a luxury brand than a high-end retail brand. They have also pulled a lot YSL discounts from 3rd party sellers, especially the online ones.

And sure enough, in 2022, no private sales.

Though, the private sales that YSL were incredible. I would get items that were 40-50% off. And when it comes to RTW that is a steal! :biggrin:

Reactions: Susimoo and Saaski
To my knowledge YSL have stopped their private sales.
My SA told me in 2021 that it was going to be the last year of private sales and sales in boutiques. (It used to be that the private sale was done first, and then it was a little more open to the public a week or 2 later.) We chatted about it a little bit, something about refining the brand and making it more of a luxury brand than a high-end retail brand. They have also pulled a lot YSL discounts from 3rd party sellers, especially the online ones.

And sure enough, in 2022, no private sales.

Though, the private sales that YSL were incredible. I would get items that were 40-50% off. And when it comes to RTW that is a steal! :biggrin:
Thanks!! I started buying YSL the same year they stopped these sales .

Reactions: lill_canele
Thanks!! I started buying YSL the same year they stopped these sales .
Better than starting next mo! OMG!

I started around the same time as you but have pretty much bought from dept stores, boutiques, preloved and once a personal shopper bc there is no discounting with YSL directly.

I don't forsee myself buying another YSL soon unless I see some amazing deal on some discontinued items that Iike. I have seen some good deals tempt me though!

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys