YSL Monogram Clutch / Wristlet

I bought two myself. Is it too much? :smile:

By the way, for those that are interested, you don’t need to buy an insert for your YSL clutch. I too bought an insert from Samorga (expensive!). Here’s my reviews when using the insert: the insert does take up some space (the clutch itself doesn’t have much space to spare – only 1”) and it often fall out when you open the flip when using it. So don’t waste your money on the insert, buy a small binder clip (only cost a couple of dollars) instead and clip it to the inside wall pocket, see below pictures. I tested myself and it works perfectly with my gold chain on both ends. I hope my suggestion will help some people who are thinking of buying the YSL clutch and/or for those who already owe one or two like me. :smile:

View attachment 5692065
View attachment 5692066
View attachment 5692067
Hi there. Did the clip leave a mark on the leather after a while? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I am going to do the same on mine.
I have used the binder clip method as well, if you are worried about damage you can try what I did. I bought a piece of black felt from the craft store for about 1 dollar, and I cut it to fit in to the back pocket. Bc the pocket is so slim it's very secure in there. I put holes at either end for the chain clasp to attach, it works perfectly and won't cause any damage to anything and takes up zero space. I made two inserts from one felt square. I will attach a photo...

Attachments

• IMG_9053.jpeg
    IMG_9053.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 36
I have used the binder clip method as well, if you are worried about damage you can try what I did. I bought a piece of black felt from the craft store for about 1 dollar, and I cut it to fit into the back pocket. Bc the pocket is so slim it's very secure in there. I put holes at either end for the chain clasp to attach, it works perfectly won't cause any damage to anything, and takes up zero space. I made two inserts from one-foot square. I will attach a photo...
I was thinking about doing the exact thing too. I wasn't sure if the felt would fall out if I opened the bag with stuff inside while wearing it. It will just be a card holder phone and keys. How thick of a felt did you go for? Do you happen to have the measurement of the felt you cut out? Thanks a lot.

I was thinking about doing the exact thing too. I wasn't sure if the felt would fall out if I opened the bag with stuff inside while wearing it. It will just be a card holder phone and keys. How thick of a felt did you go for? Do you happen to have the measurement of the felt you cut out? Thanks a lot.
I just held the felt over the pocket and marked it with a pencil and then cut it out, or you could measure the pocket. I just kept trimming it down till it barely and the fit is so tight it doesn’t budge. I don’t have a measurement now but I can do it later.

I have used the binder clip method as well, if you are worried about damage you can try what I did. I bought a piece of black felt from the craft store for about 1 dollar, and I cut it to fit in to the back pocket. Bc the pocket is so slim it's very secure in there. I put holes at either end for the chain clasp to attach, it works perfectly and won't cause any damage to anything and takes up zero space. I made two inserts from one felt square. I will attach a photo...

I tried the felt as suggested and cutted it to fit the pocket (as tight as possible). It still fall out when I use the clutch. The binder clip method I shared works better for me. Thank you for sharing through.

Last edited:
Reactions: missemarie33
Has anyone seen the pale pink color in person (or better yet, owns it)? I'm looking for a baby pink bag and I'm really happy YSL went with ghw for this color. My concern is that it might be too pale? I would love some insight as to how it looks in person, if anyone can help!View attachment 5936828
I just got my pale pink clutch from farfetch. This is what it looks like.
Has anyone seen the pale pink color in person (or better yet, owns it)? I'm looking for a baby pink bag and I'm really happy YSL went with ghw for this color. My concern is that it might be too pale? I would love some insight as to how it looks in person, if anyone can help!View attachment 5936828
i just got this one and it is not too pale. It depends on the lighting. But under harsh bright white light it looks pale like the 2nd picIMG_6880.jpegIMG_6877.jpeg below.

Attachments

• IMG_6870.jpeg
    IMG_6870.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Saaski
I just got this pale pink clutch from Farfetch, shipped really fast from YSL directly. I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this on their new clutch. There seems to be like a light tarnishing on the YSL logo, like finger prints but you can’t really remove it?

I tried a jewelry polish cloth and rubbed it on the YSL logo but it won’t go away.

I have older clutches and WOC in different colors and they don’t have this “tarnish”. Is it new hardware they are using that is causing this? Should I return it?IMG_6873.jpeg

My older clutch from 2022 for reference looks shiny and doesn’t have that “tarnish”.
IMG_6881.jpeg

I just got this pale pink clutch from Farfetch, shipped really fast from YSL directly. I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this on their new clutch. There seems to be like a light tarnishing on the YSL logo, like finger prints but you can’t really remove it?

I tried a jewelry polish cloth and rubbed it on the YSL logo but it won’t go away.

I have older clutches and WOC in different colors and they don’t have this “tarnish”. Is it new hardware they are using that is causing this? Should I return it?View attachment 5969146

My older clutch from 2022 for reference looks shiny and doesn’t have that “tarnish”.
View attachment 5969147
its bag / color way specific. over the years my logos have come in either shiny gold, aged gold, shiny silver, aged silver, shiny black and more matted black. It might just be the case that the pale pink comes with aged gold. I don't think this is defective bc it looks exactly like how the aged metal does and I don't think you'll be able to clean it off. ill post a photo of my latest clutch and you can see its matte just like yours.

Reactions: rmbags888
its bag / color way specific. over the years my logos have come in either shiny gold, aged gold, shiny silver, aged silver, shiny black and more matted black. It might just be the case that the pale pink comes with aged gold. I don't think this is defective bc it looks exactly like how the aged metal does and I don't think you'll be able to clean it off. ill post a photo of my latest clutch and you can see its matte just like yours.

Attachments

• IMG_9177.png
    IMG_9177.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: rmbags888
Thanks for the picture! Is that a clutch as well? What color is yours? I think yours look like the antique gold metal because of the aged/dark areas on the dots on the edges of the letters. Mine doesn’t have that dark coloring though so I was thinking mine was meant to look like the shiny gold?

Even wallets and card cases that I have recently ordered had this weird matte sheen on the gold. image.jpg

Reactions: missemarie33
Thanks for the picture! Is that a clutch as well? What color is yours? I think yours look like the antique gold metal because of the aged/dark areas on the dots on the edges of the letters. Mine doesn’t have that dark coloring though so I was thinking mine was meant to look like the shiny gold?

Even wallets and card cases that I have recently ordered had this weird matte sheen on the gold. View attachment 5969659
this was a green clutch I think they called it sage or light sage (?) I think it's called Cassandra flap clutch. I do see the point you're making about the darkening around the dots. it's very prominent on mine. but is missing on yours so that does make you question just what is the in-between matte/tarnish you have. I will check my vintage rose clutch and post an up close photo....