Your unGrail Scarf/Designer

ceres -- blech:

get_thumbs_on_fly.php

oh, yeah - "eva" -- it's like two bodies underwater with their hair floating on the surface . . . particulary blechy in blue:

get_thumbs_on_fly.php

Creepy is not the word :s :nogood:

I'm also not a huge fan of KO or anything with American Indians on them (for some reason I feel uneasy about having them on a scarf). Also, while I don't actively dislike horsey scarves I'm yet to find one that I like enough to buy. I'm done blaspheming for now :shame:

LMAO, RAZOR

Actually, the first design that attracted me to Hermes scarves was one of hunting scenes with dead birds! LMAO!!!! I have no idea why but it did! I got over it but it still cracks me up considering I'm a big bird lover!!!!

My list (sorry I don't know the exact H names)

Dollies - their eyes look like 'children of the corn'
Four horses pulling a carriage from the driver's viewpoint - all you can see are the horses behinds.

I don't own any KO, but have seen the worn in the large cashmere shawl and they look beautiful.

Oh lol, this feels awkward, but there`s actually something about that scarf that I really like :P Though, if I had it, it would have to be combined with the right outfits to look ok :P

oh, sweetlove, don't feel awkward!! one woman's acid trip is another's dream!!

i have a hunch this one folds beautifully, but i;ve never seen it in real life to find out.

1. first of all, I would never dog a H scarf I was given as a gift. I might never use it but only because I have so many to choose from but I am always grateful when I receive one. . . even if it's not my style

2. some of the scarves mentioned here -- Smiles in the Third M, Ceres, Aube, Grand Vent (the "junk on a fence" scarf)-- all tie beautifully. Ceres is one of my favorites: the scrollwork around the face is gorgeous.
Aube was originally a special issue scarf -- one of 1000 -- for the fanclub of a Japanese pop group. Aube means "dawn" IIRC. It was an instant sellout so H issued it for the next season. I received one of the special issue as a gift; it's in a more sedate navy colorway that wasnt avail when H reissued it around the world. I find it very wearable.
Smiles, I dont have but I have seen it around many a woman's neck and I find it colorful and fabulous tied.

3. KO is not popular in Europe but I can see how he would appeal to southern and western US buyers. When I first got on the internet, I was surprised at how popular KO seemed and I think it's these buyers were who are very vocal in their love and generous in their spending that makes it seems that everyone LOVES KO.

4. The scarf with the big-ass dead hare hanging in the middle makes me sad. I probably wouldnt wear that. Also the Charles Hallo design which has scenes of dogs tearing meat is a little too much. I like a lot of Hallo designs but more dont tie well.

5. Artists that dont appeal to me in the least are Christine Henry, Peron (too mod), Hilton McConnico, and Dominik Jarlegant.

I agree, tods...I was given K.O. scarves as gifts so they grew on me and now i love them. I also had the time to see them worn beautifully on others, which was helpful. I absolutely respect and enjoy others opinion on their taste -- I have learned endless amounts about scarves on this BB and have been stealing Loony's tying techinique for days now,;)!
Hey that daschund scarf I mentioned not liking was in the 'grail' scarf thread but it just does do it for me....so one man's trash, etc....

lol. I am no KO fan either, but I will name no names.

A note of caution. Everyone is different and the scarf you are bashing might just be someone else's favourite...

And also, a colorway really makes or breaks a scarf, IMHO. Tangle, that "touch me" you mentioned? I actually own it in a red/black colorway, plissed. I literally couldn't take it off and the whole boutique told me to buy it. I have witnesses. ;)

1. first of all, I would never dog a H scarf I was given as a gift. I might never use it but only because I have so many to choose from but I am always grateful when I receive one. . . even if it's not my style

2. some of the scarves mentioned here -- Smiles in the Third M, Ceres, Aube, Grand Vent (the "junk on a fence" scarf)-- all tie beautifully. Ceres is one of my favorites: the scrollwork around the face is gorgeous.
Aube was originally a special issue scarf -- one of 1000 -- for the fanclub of a Japanese pop group. Aube means "dawn" IIRC. It was an instant sellout so H issued it for the next season. I received one of the special issue as a gift; it's in a more sedate navy colorway that wasnt avail when H reissued it around the world. I find it very wearable.
Smiles, I dont have but I have seen it around many a woman's neck and I find it colorful and fabulous tied.

3. KO is not popular in Europe but I can see how he would appeal to southern and western US buyers. When I first got on the internet, I was surprised at how popular KO seemed and I think it's these buyers were who are very vocal in their love and generous in their spending that makes it seems that everyone LOVES KO.

4. The scarf with the big-ass dead hare hanging in the middle makes me sad. I probably wouldnt wear that. Also the Charles Hallo design which has scenes of dogs tearing meat is a little too much. I like a lot of Hallo designs but more dont tie well.

5. Artists that dont appeal to me in the least are Christine Henry, Peron (too mod), Hilton McConnico, and Dominik Jarlegant.

i always love to hear your thoughts on scarves, seton! i'm not surprised to hear about the folding -- i always suspected that of aube, and the touch me scarf that tods says folds well. but it's hard enough to limit my collection as it is -- so i want designs that appeal to me flat as well as folded.

some of them make me sad, too -- coqs du combat is visually pretty, but i could never wear it.

;)...I was actually traveling when I first tried it out just to mix up a few boring outfits, and I was terribly proud of myself. But I am always afraid that I might frighten people with my beauty:P.....if I ever come up with a great knot, I'll consider a shot, but I'm terrifically shy,:yes:.

And where are the pictures? Huh? :graucho:

My list (sorry I don't know the exact H names)

Dollies - their eyes look like 'children of the corn'
Four horses pulling a carriage from the driver's viewpoint - all you can see are the horses behinds.

I don't own any KO, but have seen the worn in the large cashmere shawl and they look beautiful.

ROFLMAO! Exactly. The same dead creepy stare is on those cute little teddy bears - so cute til you see their eyes - that one makes me feel like running away screaming. Teddy bears with eyes like that? It's such an evil contradiction - like those creepy clowns. ewwww.

Also can't stand the "dead hare" scarf or any huge dead animal bodies. I don't care if they "tie well!" :yucky:

Also not terribly fond of M. KO (duck)

This thread is so funny!! I haven't been a scarf-wearer for long enough to really know a lot of ones that I DON'T like, but a lot of the ones pictured in this thread are, well, not for me. ;)