Your real vs. her fake ....

I once saw a fake Cambon when I was in River Island, London, I couldn't help following the girl around to see just how bad the fake was.

It was honestly one of the worst fakes I have ever seen, yuck!

I really don't see much fake Chanel here. If I do it's the Cambon and I don't own anything from that line. I see far more fake (and real) LV if anything. Either way, I just ignore it. I think it's generally pretty obvious that mine are real and even if someone wants to question it, I know the truth.

I consider whether a bag is copied a factor in whether I will or will not buy it. That's not so much a factor for Chanel because aside from the Cambon I never see any fake Chanels and I own flaps/reissues. I live in NY and about maybe 3 years ago there was a guy on literally every street corner in Manhattan selling fakes LV's - back when the Murakami white came out . Ever since then it seems like everybody carries a LV and i'm sure most are fakes. I see literally 100's of LV in a day and for that reason I never owned and will not own any LV's. The brand is just too saturated for me. Maybe that's why CHANEL is raising pices i.e. so the brand won't go the way of LV's?????

I consider whether a bag is copied a factor in whether I will or will not buy it. That's not so much a factor for Chanel because aside from the Cambon I never see any fake Chanels and I own flaps/reissues. I live in NY and about maybe 3 years ago there was a guy on literally every street corner in Manhattan selling fakes LV's - back when the Murakami white came out . Ever since then it seems like everybody carries a LV and i'm sure most are fakes. I see literally 100's of LV in a day and for that reason I never owned and will not own any LV's. The brand is just too saturated for me. Maybe that's why CHANEL is raising pices i.e. so the brand won't go the way of LV's?????

ITA... :yes:.

I use to work as a Sr. Teller a couple years back for WAMU... & I always thought it was hilarious.. when women tried to "show-off" there knock off bag on my counter... and whip out there "knock-off" wallet... to add to the grossly looking horrible fake in front of me. SOmetimes.. I wanted to burst out laughing.... because there horrible fake... was accompanied by a horrible snooty attitude.. and I was thinking..."PUH-LEESE lady" Who are you trying to kidd?...:yucky:

Do you ladies ever find that because of your race people assume your bag is fake because they think a ____(fill in the blank on Whatever race ) would not have the money to afford it. I am a minority but I am an attrney and make over $300,000 per year and am single with no children so I can buy and do whatever bag I like. Yet I find other women looking at my bags and jewelry (I love diamonds and own some very nice peices) like they assume they are fakes BECAUSE of my race. Has anyone ever experienced this? For this reason I never assume anyone bag is a fake because I get that a lot.
heck yes. I get this ALL the time...especially when I carry LV or Hermes(in areas where Hermes is actually recognized). It is absolutely disgusting.

I wouldn't expect anything different. If you are sporting a fake you likely aren't too keen on what a real one looks like. I think some people think that I have a fake. I wear my Chanel with dresses and sweatpants. For some reason I get the "yep, that's a fake" looks when wearing my sweats. Oh well, at least I know they're real -- and so does my bank account. :lol:

I actually had a complete stranger (who was wearing a fake version of my bag) tell me quite loudly in the middle of a grocery store that I was a horrible person for spending so much money on a useless item. She asked me how I could live with myself knowing that the money I spent on my bag could be put to good use at a charity. I calmly informed her that it was none of her business, and that by purchasing fakes she is supporting all kinds of illegal activities- including child labor. She shut up pretty fast. If I see someone wearing a fake, I always feel bad about mine until I think of the principle of fakes...and then I'm fine again :smile:

Re: Your real vs. her fake .... I wouldn't expect anything different. If you are sporting a fake you likely aren't too keen on what a real one looks like. I think some people think that I have a fake. I wear my Chanel with dresses and sweatpants. For some reason I get the "yep, that's a fake" looks when wearing my sweats. Oh well, at least I know they're real -- and so does my bank account. :lol:
You are SO RIGHT! I've also noticed that when I am well dressed, which I usually am but for eg. If I'm wearing a sharp suit suitable for court the looks are admiring /envious looks but if more casually dressed the looks are contemptous as in oh, please you are carrying a fake.

thats a shame. im never worried about the next chick... i mean come on, i could care less what people think. they could think my favorite boots were $15 when they were really $800 i mean it doesnt matter to me! why do you girls care so much ?

I'm 27 years old, but people tell me i look like i'm 18. I think the combination of my race (african american) and my age people assume my bags are fake. Honestly i really don't care what rude people like "anoukaimee" think about my bags I know thier real. My fiance is a pro athlete and I am able to purchase what i want most of the time. I never assume anyones bag is fake unless it is a blatant fake no matter race or age

Im 40 and wouldnt think twice about carrying a Cambon bag. A real one just looks so righteous. Heck, if my mom wanted to borrow it, I think it would be fine for her to use as well.

Around these parts, there are many fake Cambon and real Cambon bags (being carried by 16 year olds!) so I have just attempted to sell my two as I recently purchased two classic flaps. I felt, unlike you Luccibag, that now that I am in my 40s the Cambons are a bit too young (maybe it is the teenieboppers wearing them?).

I have no special comments for this question but one thing that I think ....

Some people have no enough money to afford a real one so they go for fake. I don't care about fake and people who are carrying fake too. I know they are carring fake but I will never laugh, never point and never have comments about it. I just only care that my bags are not fake.

Just wanna say that not all people have those $$$$ money. Maybe for some of them a Chanel bag = their whole month salary.

So carry whatever bag that make you happy. I'm sure those who are carrying fake will bought a real one if they are all have those $$$ money.

Around these parts, there are many fake Cambon and real Cambon bags (being carried by 16 year olds!) so I have just attempted to sell my two as I recently purchased two classic flaps. I felt, unlike you Luccibag, that now that I am in my 40s the Cambons are a bit too young (maybe it is the teenieboppers wearing them?).

I think cambon line is more suit with young women. :yes::yes: