Your real vs. her fake ....

There's a difference between people carrying knowingly or unknowingly a fake bag IMO.

The ones who are knowingly wearing a fake bag should know better. The ones who are unknowingly wearing a fake bag.... Well, I just feel sorry for them, since they might have spent a lot of their precious money to get them.

It's awful to watch people bidding on fake bags on eBay, sometimes even up to $2000 :wtf:. It makes me wanna scream to them: come on over to tPF, educate yourselves on Chanel before placing any bid! I always try to report these scammers to eBay, but often enough they'll get away with it. So sad.

Totally agree! Very well said! Thanks, Beauty!

Totally agree! Very well said! Thanks, Beauty!

Great comments. I started this topic. I do not make fun of people who carry fakes - who am I to do that. I have my own personal opinions about buying fake ANYTHING. To each its own. But I do have problems with the attitudes directed at me especially when it is obvious. I am not the kind of person who goes around and says 'oh look at me, I carry Chanels while you carry brand X'. I own a lot of lesser expensive bags and I carry them with just as much pride or whatever because I like the bag. What gets me is people that think I am stupid for buying what I like. Frankly I would rather buy one Chanel instead of 20 trendy inexpensive bags that I may carry once. The Chanel will last me years. I like Chanel but I also love sweats and going to yankee games and drinking warm beer and barely cooked hot dogs. I much prefer that then to go to the trendy bar of the moment to spend 500 dollars on a bottle of cristal that I wont even drink.
What is wrong with having some luxury tastes? And to those that do like their cristal, kudos to you ... I just don't like the taste so why buy it ?? A nice cold bud is fine with me.

The other day I was at Nordstrom and the SA was looking at my J12, then she is like, but where are the diamonds? I bought the J12 that I liked but all of a sudden I am nothing because my J12 was plain?? Just don't get it ..

It never happens to me with Chanel as I don't own one..However one time, in a lift at work, I was carrying my Balenciaga, and this Asian girl (I am also an Asian) came in and straight away glanced at my bag..

She then remarked: Oh wauww! We have the same bag!...:wtf: :sweatdrop:

:roflmfao::roflmfao: It's pretty insulting since I know hers is fake! However the audacity and spontaneous combustion of her is just priceless!!!

I was so tempted to be a bitc*h and say: No dear, yours is fake! :P

A truly stylish woman wouldn't need to resort to fakes. They could take as little as $20 and find a very fashionable bag at a department store and completely "rock it" better than some women who are out there toting thousand dollar bags, but are clueless about style.

You are right that money does not dictate style, but that doesn't mean that ANYONE needs to knowingly resort to fakes if they want a fashionable purse.

I don't think the vast majority of people here are judging "those" people with "their" fake bags... it's just that bluntly, fakes are NOT, EVER acceptable. They are illegal, and contribute to child labor, as well as terrorism, arms trafficking, and drugs.

-So if it seems that we are being harsh on fakes, it's just because we are aware of the harsh realities of fakes. There are no fake bags that merely exist to be simply a function of fashion alone.

well said!!! :tup:

My boss' daughter (might I add they are beyond well off) keeps bringing back LV fakes from China and after admiring one of my real LV bags for a while, she came back with the most hideous fake of my bag. She doesn't care so she carries it all the time but it's totally ruined the bag for me and I don't feel like carrying it much anymore, especially to work.

So far, thats the only bag that I've seen that's a complete fake of a bag that I have. I think for that reason, I try not to purchase bags that get faked as often...

Agree with this.
Definitely a combination of age and race.
I'm young-ish (20) and from an asian background. I wouldn't be surprised if most people thought my double flap was a fake. I know it's real and I think it's amazing and couldn't care less. I'd actually rather them think its fake... then people won't want to steal it :graucho:
I think as you grow older/more mature there should be less doubt with the real/fake deal. I would hardly presume a 40+ yo to have a fake as they're most likely to have worked enough to afford one if they were interested in that sort of thing (if that makes any sense)

Ah...I totally agree with you! I also prefer that people think my real bag is a fake because I'm scared I'll get mugged. :lol: Usually, when others ask me about the authenticity of my items, I just smile and say "who knows?".

I don't care that people think I my items are fake because I buy what I like. What I don't appreciate is that when they notice that it's real, they make loud comments so that I can hear it saying things like "what a materialistic bi*ch" and "what a dumb blond" (Consequently, I am not blond? My hair is black. Weird). These are comments that have been directed at me from complete strangers.

From some people I know, and ones that can tell if my items were real or not, the mean comments I've heard were long lectures about how I'm wasting my money on friviolous items etc. and how I could have possibly save the world. Funny hearing that when they just told me they HAD to buy the newest version of the SLK and that their "old" 50 inch LCD TV is not good enough because you can't possibly watch television without a 55 incher. Huh.

Another thing is why is it that when I buy a luxury fashion item I get picked on and I have to apologize for it, but if someone says to a person with fake items that its not a good idea to buy fakes due to child labour and support of illegal activities they get judged for being snobby? (This was actually what happened to my friend at a party when some woman with a fake questioned my friend about why she doesn't buy fakes instead of wasting money on a real one. She subsequently commented that money doesn't buy class and under her breath called my friend a snobby bi*ch). :confused1:

that's right, no need to hate a style of a bag because they make alot of fake ones copying them. I noticed that they are starting to make more and more copies of flap bags as well. Will you start to hate them?
I hate fake bags but I somewhat understand why people would buy them. They like the style and status but can't afford them. I get that. But what I hate even more are people that carry these frankenstein chanel or any fake bags! You know, the bags that are made to look like a louis vuitton bag but had chanel written on them.

that's right, no need to hate a style of a bag because they make alot of fake ones copying them. I noticed that they are starting to make more and more copies of flap bags as well. Will you start to hate them?
I hate fake bags but I somewhat understand why people would buy them. They like the style and status but can't afford them. I get that. But what I hate even more are people that carry these frankenstein chanel or any fake bags! You know, the bags that are made to look like a louis vuitton bag but had chanel written on them.

The ones that make me cringe are the 'Channel' bags and the Gucci double Gs that look like circles ..

A truly stylish woman wouldn't need to resort to fakes. They could take as little as $20 and find a very fashionable bag at a department store and completely "rock it" better than some women who are out there toting thousand dollar bags, but are clueless about style.

You are right that money does not dictate style, but that doesn't mean that ANYONE needs to knowingly resort to fakes if they want a fashionable purse.

I don't think the vast majority of people here are judging "those" people with "their" fake bags... it's just that bluntly, fakes are NOT, EVER acceptable. They are illegal, and contribute to child labor, as well as terrorism, arms trafficking, and drugs.

-So if it seems that we are being harsh on fakes, it's just because we are aware of the harsh realities of fakes. There are no fake bags that merely exist to be simply a function of fashion alone.

well said!:tup: