Your Most Regretful Bag Purchase

My LV Epi Petit Noe. I loved the way it looked — so pretty and understated. But I hated how it stuck out 7.5 inches from my body when I carried it. Since the epi leather is hard/stiff, I was always bumping into things (like once when I parked in a tight parking space, I couldn’t get out of my car with the bag on my shoulder, :lol:). With that said, I am willing to try the next smaller size down (Noe BB) especially in a softer canvas.

My red Gucci Soho Disco. I was always annoyed with the stupid tassel lol. I carried it a handful of times before selling it. I ended up buying a much cheaper black leather version that did not have a tassel. I thought I'd use it more since it doesn't have the annoying tassel, but it sits in my closet.

Reactions: Carrie1986
My red Gucci Soho Disco. I was always annoyed with the stupid tassel lol. I carried it a handful of times before selling it. I ended up buying a much cheaper black leather version that did not have a tassel. I thought I'd use it more since it doesn't have the annoying tassel, but it sits in my closet.
I wanted this bag for a long time. One of the things I loved about it was the tassel. That giant logo worried me. I didn't know how I would feel long term carrying such an obvious logo. Earlier this year I had the opportunity to get it brand new for $800 but I couldn't get myself to do it. That's when I realized I was never going to get it. I recently got a red Coach camera bag of similar dimensions and I'm happy I did. I haven't carried any bags much this year so it still remains to be seen how much use it will get but I think it is prettier than the Gucci.

I wanted this bag for a long time. One of the things I loved about it was the tassel. That giant logo worried me. I didn't know how I would feel long term carrying such an obvious logo. Earlier this year I had the opportunity to get it brand new for $800 but I couldn't get myself to do it. That's when I realized I was never going to get it. I recently got a red Coach camera bag of similar dimensions and I'm happy I did. I haven't carried any bags much this year so it still remains to be seen how much use it will get but I think it is prettier than the Gucci.
I do have to say that I think nobody does red like Gucci. The concept of the tassel didn't bug me at first until I started zipping and unzipping the bag. That is when it bugged me. I am sure your Coach camera bag is a beauty that will work just as well!

Reactions: whateve

The tassels were the reason that I did not consider the Gucci soho disco and YSL camera bags. I could just foresee how annoying the tassel is.

What makes the black less expensive option sits in your closet?

The tassels were the reason that I did not consider the Gucci soho disco and YSL camera bags. I could just foresee how annoying the tassel is.

What makes the black less expensive option sits in your closet?
I guess I am always reaching for other items that fit the same amount of items and tbh, I often forget it is there! lol

My LV Epi Petit Noe. I loved the way it looked — so pretty and understated. But I hated how it stuck out 7.5 inches from my body when I carried it. Since the epi leather is hard/stiff, I was always bumping into things (like once when I parked in a tight parking space, I couldn’t get out of my car with the bag on my shoulder, :lol:). With that said, I am willing to try the next smaller size down (Noe BB) especially in a softer canvas.

@Iamminda, thanks for sharing. When I saw the thread, the same bag came to mind. To make matters worse, my Epi Petit Noe is in Ivory. There are signs of colour transfer even with very limited use. :frown:

YSL SDJ north south tote. Beautiful craftsmanship but it is super heavy. I bought it online without seeing it in person...big mistake. The bag is huge, also the colour is completely different from the colour on the website. It was on sale and was the last stock, so I ended up gifting it to my partner who loves it and has been using it daily. Win win.

I know! after I sold her, I felt a huge relieve. I did lost around $1500 after I sold her off :sad:

Likewise, I recently sold my Burberry medium rucksack and lost about $1500. Burberry's bags don't hold their value either. I don't think I'll ever handbags from Burberry again. I am almost at "handbag peace". I said almost because I do have one more that I want to get. No rush in getting it though. I do think my Burberry trench coat was a good purchase :smile:.

Likewise, I recently sold my Burberry medium rucksack and lost about $1500. Burberry's bags don't hold their value either. I don't think I'll ever handbags from Burberry again. I am almost at "handbag peace". I said almost because I do have one more that I want to get. No rush in getting it though. I do think my Burberry trench coat was a good purchase :smile:.
Ouch thats kinda hurt. I feel you! :sad:

Ouch thats kinda hurt. I feel you! :sad:

It was definitely a costly handbag mistake. The cost per wear was pretty high. I initially bought it thinking it was great to have a backpack, so that I can be hands free to hold my kid. My husband told me not to sell it, but I saw it sitting there collecting dust :sad:. I sold it and he didn't even realize (or at least he hasn't commented on it - "oh, where is your backpack?")!