Your Most Regretful Bag Purchase

My neverfull. Its my first in atore purchase. I enjoyed it but I did not know about vachetta then. i did not know that it was not to be wet or exposed to sun. The straps and lining darkened anyway. So i got stressed out that I gave it to my mom and she was happy

My Dior diorama in medium size, champagne gold. It is a stunning bag but not very practical. It looks too boxy and big for my frame. It’s also too formal looking to wear casually but too big to wear as an evening bag :sad: I’ve only worn it a handful of times but can’t bring myself to sell it. I wish I bought a small lady dior instead

View attachment 5691361
You are right. It is a beautiful bag. I can see what you are saying regarding styling challenges with it, but it is really gorgeous. I love how you styled it in this photo. I personally would wear it in a way that made it more playful than dressy, like with jeans, leather moto jacket, and either killer heels or leather boots with a metal element like studs, chain, or buckle. That may not be your style though, but just wanted to toss another idea out there for you, since you are trying to keep it. :smile:

Also, it can be styled with outfits that nod to the 1970s, 80s, or anything that leans art-deco/20s, as all of those genres embrace metallic elements and strong lines.

I can see it with a cashmere dolman sleeved sweater too (random thought of the day :lol:).

• Love
Reactions: BowieFan1971
You are right. It is a beautiful bag. I can see what you are saying regarding styling challenges with it, but it is really gorgeous. I love how you styled it in this photo. I personally would wear it in a way that made it more playful than dressy, like with jeans, leather moto jacket, and either killer heels or leather boots with a metal element like studs, chain, or buckle. That may not be your style though, but just wanted to toss another idea out there for you, since you are trying to keep it. :smile:

Also, it can be styled with outfits that nod to the 1970s, 80s, or anything that leans art-deco/20s, as all of those genres embrace metallic elements and strong lines.

I can see it with a cashmere dolman sleeved sweater too (random thought of the day :lol:).
Good points! I took it on holiday to London during winter and actually I found it easier to style with big coats, jeans and boots.. unfortunately I live in a warm climate and rarely wear coats I will try to wear it more often though!

Reactions: AnnaLou
Saint Laurent clutches, YSL shiny patent snake embossed bag, & small metallic gold diorama microcannage (like post #172 above). I don’t go to formal events too often and clutches don’t really suit my lifestyle. Plus I am not as big of a fan of patent like I used to.

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Coach frame bag. When I tell you that I *coveted* that bag. It was absolutely beautiful.

It also was very awkward to carry crossbody (looked weird on me and I worried about squishing it out of shape) so it ended up being top handle carry only, except the top handle was also uncomfortable to use (stiff and small and I’d keep bumping up against the kisslock mechanism). I ended up with a very beautiful and totally useless bag that I paid full price for - ended up selling it for half that. Ouch.

DCCFD252-3138-4A2B-BD0B-F0A29F45697A.jpeg

Coach frame bag. When I tell you that I *coveted* that bag. It was absolutely beautiful.

It also was very awkward to carry crossbody (looked weird on me and I worried about squishing it out of shape) so it ended up being top handle carry only, except the top handle was also uncomfortable to use (stiff and small and I’d keep bumping up against the kisslock mechanism). I ended up with a very beautiful and totally useless bag that I paid full price for - ended up selling it for half that. Ouch.

View attachment 5700262
I'm sorry to hear that. I always thought this bag was so beautiful. I would have bought it if it had come in a color I loved.

I'm sorry to hear that. I always thought this bag was so beautiful. I would have bought it if it had come in a color I loved.

It looks like they actually figured out the problem later. Other iterations of the kisslock style with a top handle switched to a longer, flexible handle instead of the short rigid one. Too late for me though. Oh well.

I have a couple vintage kisslock items now - wallet size instead of a bag, which works well and isn’t nearly as fussy.

CEC878D4-B5C5-43ED-8E33-40D68158BB6B.jpeg

Reactions: whateve