Your Most Regretful Bag Purchase

It looks like they actually figured out the problem later. Other iterations of the kisslock style with a top handle switched to a longer, flexible handle instead of the short rigid one. Too late for me though. Oh well.

I have a couple vintage kisslock items now - wallet size instead of a bag, which works well and isn’t nearly as fussy.

View attachment 5700584
I have a few vintage kisslock coin purses I absolutely love, so much that I don't use them - I want them to stay pristine. I used to have a bunch of Coach mini kisslock coin purses. I love kisslocks.

The biggest bag purchase regret in my entire bag collecting journey - my Chanel Boy bag in the old medium size. Now I want to sell it, but I'll have to take a significant loss. Places like Postmark take a huge portion as commission. Selling it to consignment stores pays even less. I am stuck with this bag I have used less than 10 times. It just doesn't suit my lifestyle, and I don't think bringing my Chanel Boy bag to work is appropriate or practical.

The biggest bag purchase regret in my entire bag collecting journey - my Chanel Boy bag in the old medium size. Now I want to sell it, but I'll have to take a significant loss. Places like Postmark take a huge portion as commission. Selling it to consignment stores pays even less. I am stuck with this bag I have used less than 10 times. It just doesn't suit my lifestyle, and I don't think bringing my Chanel Boy bag to work is appropriate or practical.
How about selling it yourself?

Having finally parted with my Bolide Secret, I must say that, in terms of cost per wear, that one takes the cake.

She seemed like such a good idea at the time and I loved looking at her.... but she didn't get out much at all.

Having finally parted with my Bolide Secret, I must say that, in terms of cost per wear, that one takes the cake.

She seemed like such a good idea at the time and I loved looking at her.... but she didn't get out much at all.

Did you buy it when new? You make me doubt myself.

I always wanted one, a noir ghw or Capucine phw (the hardware makes a huge difference on a Secret) but all I could find was a Glycine or Bleu SC even preloved.

Did you buy it when new? You make me doubt myself.

I always wanted one, a noir ghw or Capucine phw (the hardware makes a huge difference on a Secret) but all I could find was a Glycine or Bleu SC even preloved.
Yes. From H.com (remember when that was normal???)

Last time I looked resale was about half of original price and if you find one you love you should go for it. Your mileage may vary. :smile:

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Yes. From H.com (remember when that was normal???)

Last time I looked resale was about half of original price and if you find one you love you should go for it. Your mileage may vary. :smile:

I was offered one when I asked, - remember when those were the days :lol:

Once I trip over one in the right colour/combo I will be on it :biggrin:

Reactions: bagnut1
I had this one:
louis_vuitton_monogram_bequia__1678159171_0f88ba19_progressive.jpg

Zipper was PITA. I've tried candle and pencil lead. Nothing worked. Difficult to open and close, especially at the corners. Also too deep. Felt like I was reaching inside a cave every time I looked for my stuff.
Sold it to a lovely member here who appreciated it more than I did.

It was also the last time I bought an LV before I moved over to H.
And then I bought something like this:
hermes-hac-40-birkin-bag-for-sale-on-mightychic_1600x.png

7 years later sold it because while it was pretty, it was too big for every day use, so it just sat as a display piece in my living room.

Oh well. You live, you learn. :biggrin:

I regret my Chanel GST. After saving up from my first "big girl job", I really wanted something from Chanel. The price point wasn't as painful as the flap bags and let me tell you, all those influencer photos with the peonies overflowing from the GST really got me romanticizing it. WHEN WOULD I EVER PUT PEONIES IN A HANDBAG, THOUGH? :lol: I sold it after a few years to a family friend without losing money.

Reactions: papertiger
I regret my 3 Hermès Evelynes in Clemence leather.

They were so heavy and uncomfortable to wear. The strap is stiff and uncomfortable and for me it's only to wear with a jacket or a coat.
The open top is very unpractical. If the bag was on the passenger seat and when I had to break the car, all my items fell out of the bag, that was so ennoying!! The Evelyne absolutely doesn't work for me!

I like my TPM Evie very much!