Your Most Complimented Van Cleef & Arpels Piece

hello there! did you need to pay extra for the watch straps? or van cleef gave the straps to you for free? it seems like online it says one can get two interchangeable straps.not sure how much it is for an extra strap.
on a different note, do you feel this watch is high quality? and does the strap wear out easily? i was thinking there might be creases for the straps if one puts it on and off frequently correct? I am seriously considering a charm watch in white gold and diamonds:smile:
I have a Cadenas watch, and additional stripe costed about €400 3 years ago

hello there! did you need to pay extra for the watch straps? or van cleef gave the straps to you for free? it seems like online it says one can get two interchangeable straps.not sure how much it is for an extra strap.
on a different note, do you feel this watch is high quality? and does the strap wear out easily? i was thinking there might be creases for the straps if one puts it on and off frequently correct? I am seriously considering a charm watch in white gold and diamonds:smile:

Ah, this post you commented on is three years old. it’s possible she might not respond.

Hi! The straps were all free to me but keep in mind I am a frequent buyer. VCA does not specialize in leather so the strap leather that is against your arm can start to separate from the exterior strap leather. Hard to explain. It is not a deal breaker at all because the straps are held securely against your wrist. I have not had one separate to the point of looking bad or needing repair. They are so easy to switch out and the extra straps make it feel like owning several watches.

The watch itself is incredible. The diamonds are small and the best cut and reflect so many sparkles. It is like a light show and has a strong presence in a delicate way. The creases in the straps are normal. I have one small crease where I wear it and one small crease where I store it in the watch case. The leather straps on my Hermès, Chanel, and Valentino sandals show much more wear and I wear them less. I would be happy to provide more pics if you want to pm me.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi! The straps were all free to me but keep in mind I am a frequent buyer. VCA does not specialize in leather so the strap leather that is against your arm can start to separate from the exterior strap leather. Hard to explain. It is not a deal breaker at all because the straps are held securely against your wrist. I have not had one separate to the point of looking bad or needing repair. They are so easy to switch out and the extra straps make it feel like owning several watches.

The watch itself is incredible. The diamonds are small and the best cut and reflect so many sparkles. It is like a light show and has a strong presence in a delicate way. The creases in the straps are normal. I have one small crease where I wear it and one small crease where I store it in the watch case. The leather straps on my Hermès, Chanel, and Valentino sandals show much more wear and I wear them less. I would be happy to provide more pics if you want to pm me.

thank you for your reply! would love to see some pictures:heart:

Reactions: LisetteEsq

Hi, I am also interested in this watch and just tried it on the other day!! When you change the straps do you also need to change the buckle? And is it as easy to change the buckle as it is to change the straps? I'd also love to see more photos, thanks so much.

Hi, I am also interested in this watch and just tried it on the other day!! When you change the straps do you also need to change the buckle? And is it as easy to change the buckle as it is to change the straps? I'd also love to see more photos, thanks so much.
I totally forgot about the buckle. My watch came with 2 gold buckles. If you get the all diamond watch you receive the diamond buckle. I was told I could purchase the one with diamonds for my watch but have not. I used to have a jeweler switch out the buckle for me but only one jeweler knew how to do it and they were not local. The jeweler who did it switched it out quickly so I watched a YouTube video and bought a $5 tool off of eBay to do it myself. I keep the buckles on the straps I use most often and switch with the season. The buckle takes me about 5 minutes to move it but I do not do it very often. It takes less than a minute to change the straps.

Here is one pic I have with all of my straps.

CE8B0D4D-0C2F-418C-9452-06D5B728B309.jpeg

I totally forgot about the buckle. My watch came with 2 gold buckles. If you get the all diamond watch you receive the diamond buckle. I was told I could purchase the one with diamonds for my watch but have not. I used to have a jeweler switch out the buckle for me but only one jeweler knew how to do it and they were not local. The jeweler who did it switched it out quickly so I watched a YouTube video and bought a $5 tool off of eBay to do it myself. I keep the buckles on the straps I use most often and switch with the season. The buckle takes me about 5 minutes to move it but I do not do it very often. It takes less than a minute to change the straps.

Here is one pic I have with all of my straps.

View attachment 4871432
Thank you so much, that is so very helpful!