Scarves Your Grail Scarf

This is enormously useful information. Did you stretch them as they dried, the way Pocketbook Pup did, or just wash and iron them? I'm sure lots of us would be grateful for pictures. Thank you very much for weighing in with your experience -- very helpful.
I followed Pocketbook Pups method and posted pictures back then....I did weigh the edges down as it dried...used cans of food with plastic wrap around their bottoms. We had good results, the pleats are very faintly evident like a slight shadow. It is my BFFs scarf so I cant take any new photos for you.

I followed Pocketbook Pups method and posted pictures back then....I did weigh the edges down as it dried...used cans of food with plastic wrap around their bottoms. We had good results, the pleats are very faintly evident like a slight shadow. It is my BFFs scarf so I cant take any new photos for you.
Ah yes, I think I remember this now. Thank you for mentioning it. What was the design, do you remember? It's useful to know which ones had better results than others.

Edited to add: Oh wait, I found your post, and the nice pictures too (psst--@FlaTiger, check it out)! For anyone wondering, it's an Alphabet Russe:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...u-wearing-today.958067/page-794#post-31831324

Your description of the final result having what looks like a sateen stripe is very useful. Some people probably wouldn't mind having a sateen stripe on their grail if it looks deliberate; some people will. It should help people with their decision.

Last edited:
Here they are:
I did not stretch them as "they dried" but I did it right after I washed them. I sort of copied what my MIL with her rencountre oceane plisse years back. Though I never ask her, I noticed she doesn't wear that particular scarf anymore .. :confused1:

View attachment 3945707View attachment 3945708

Agreed! Thanks very much @CaviarChanel! I have never seen an 'after' photo.

I followed Pocketbook Pups method and posted pictures back then....I did weigh the edges down as it dried...used cans of food with plastic wrap around their bottoms. We had good results, the pleats are very faintly evident like a slight shadow.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...u-wearing-today.958067/page-794#post-31831324
It is my BFFs scarf so I cant take any new photos for you.

Hi again, everybody. I've just revived a zombie thread that has some nice post-plisse images and I have added the info you've provided, in hopes of centralizing the to-deplisse-or-not-to-deplisse questions and pictures:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-plisse-without-the-plisse-xtra-eye-candies.98837/

In the future, if I post a plisse format of a grail, I will also link to that thread, so people can look at images and consider their options.

Sorry if I've derailed the thread momentarily. I'm looking forward to seeing what grail weN84 has acquired!

I finally found a scarf that I have written off my list for the price is always astronomical! I've just paid for it, so looking forward to share it when I finally receive it, hopefully by the end of next week! :graucho: :party:

Ooh, can we guess?
Is it ELeK?
Or La Femme??
Or Cest la Fete???
Or TURANDOT???!?

(I am obviously having way too much fun vicariously scarfing through others.)

I finally found a scarf that I have written off my list for the price is always astronomical! I've just paid for it, so looking forward to share it when I finally receive it, hopefully by the end of next week! :graucho: :party:

Ooh, can we guess?
Is it ELeK?
Or La Femme??
Or Cest la Fete???
Or TURANDOT???!?

(I am obviously having way too much fun vicariously scarfing through others.)

Le Pégase d'Hermès! Le Pégase d'Hermès! Come onnnnnnn, Pégase!

Hi again, everybody. I've just revived a zombie thread that has some nice post-plisse images and I have added the info you've provided, in hopes of centralizing the to-deplisse-or-not-to-deplisse questions and pictures:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/my-plisse-without-the-plisse-xtra-eye-candies.98837/

In the future, if I post a plisse format of a grail, I will also link to that thread, so people can look at images and consider their options.

Sorry if I've derailed the thread momentarily. I'm looking forward to seeing what grail weN84 has acquired!
Thanks so much for pulling this together!

@Joannadyne 25% chance of getting it right. ;)

@Belphoebe I already got that one last year. :cloud9: I have yet to wear it. I think it's too pretty! :P :loveeyes:
Oh my goodness what a beauty. :loveeyes: Its being so pristine is indeed a little intimidating: I feel like apologizing for the marks my smudgy screen is superimposing on the picture. Please accept my belated congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing what's on the way. . . .

Reactions: Meta
Here they are:
I did not stretch them as "they dried" but I did it right after I washed them. I sort of copied what my MIL with her rencountre oceane plisse years back. Though I never ask her, I noticed she doesn't wear that particular scarf anymore .. :confused1:

View attachment 3945707View attachment 3945708

Have you tried giving it a rinse and then rolling in a towel to get it damp dry and then ironing it the rest of the way on silk setting? I've started doing this with my pocket squares (sandwiched between 2 pieces of flat plain white cotton for protection) and liked how they turned out, so I did a couple of moussies the same way. (just avoid the rolled hems....)

If you've already de-pleated a grail scarf that was pleated and didn't like it, it certainly won't hurt to try.

Have you tried giving it a rinse and then rolling in a towel to get it damp dry and then ironing it the rest of the way on silk setting? I've started doing this with my pocket squares (sandwiched between 2 pieces of flat plain white cotton for protection) and liked how they turned out, so I did a couple of moussies the same way. (just avoid the rolled hems....)

If you've already de-pleated a grail scarf that was pleated and didn't like it, it certainly won't hurt to try.

Hi Bunnycat,
Guess it wouldn't hurt to rinse and stretch again. Sad to say they were 'forgotten' and had a place in my least favorite scarf drawer for years until I came across the question here. :amazed::sad:

p/s: Good job as scarf mistress SOTD :tup::tup:

Frou frou, if you’re here, I just saw this and thought of you:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112779911933

Though I believe you prefer the silk. Or I could be misremembering altogether.

I'm here and sending :flowers: you are so kind to remember!
It is so pretty and a lovely design , I'm not great with mousselines sadly .
Whereas I can see you looking fab in this Pirula! I know you suit the design having seen you in the black one !