Scarves Your Grail Scarf

Usually retail stores won't store scarfs about a year ago (so around 2 season back). So if it's like 2017 there is still a chance you can find it. 2016 probably not.

Personally my grail scarf is the pegase d hermes print. Being a guy I don't wear scarfs that often, but managed to find this amazing goat suede leather bomber jacket with the pegase d hermes print on the back:
l1020228-jpg.3933497
thumbnail_002-jpg.3933498
thumbnail_003-jpg.3933499
This is such a stunning design [both on a scarf or a jacket!]. You could most certainly wear the scarf version...there are many of us guys who regularly wear H scarves :-P

Usually retail stores won't store scarfs about a year ago (so around 2 season back). So if it's like 2017 there is still a chance you can find it. 2016 probably not.

Personally my grail scarf is the pegase d hermes print. Being a guy I don't wear scarfs that often, but managed to find this amazing goat suede leather bomber jacket with the pegase d hermes print on the back:
l1020228-jpg.3933497
thumbnail_002-jpg.3933498
thumbnail_003-jpg.3933499
OMG! Holy cookies!!! :drool: :drool:

Wow, browsing through this thread is extremly dangerous, it will give me lots of new ideas:biggrin:. I'm fairly new to Hermès and their lovely scarfs and shawls and I've managed to find some designs that had first made me notice Hermès on eBay. But some other designs that I would love to have have just slipped thorugh my fingers several times.

Do you know if there is any chance of buying designs of past sesons directly from Hermès, even when they are no longer listed in their online store? Or does Hermès not keep unsold items from past seasons because it would be too expensive to store them? How do you usually search for and find your Grail scarfs? At the moment I'm desparately looking for the "Aux portes du palais" silk mousseline GM in blanc/corail and I've just missed out on it twice on The Real Real because I only saw it when it was sold already :annoyed:.
I have seen some older designs in airport H shops. You never know.

Is it my imagination or are the Hermes sites showing more older designs ?
Of course, that impression depends on which site version you use - Maison des carres or the new one , it is hard to load all the recent designs on either

A couple years ago, some past season scarves appeared on the US site. I don’t know where they came from. Maybe just clearing out old inventory that was hidden away.

Wow, browsing through this thread is extremly dangerous, it will give me lots of new ideas:biggrin:. I'm fairly new to Hermès and their lovely scarfs and shawls and I've managed to find some designs that had first made me notice Hermès on eBay. But some other designs that I would love to have have just slipped thorugh my fingers several times.

Do you know if there is any chance of buying designs of past sesons directly from Hermès, even when they are no longer listed in their online store? Or does Hermès not keep unsold items from past seasons because it would be too expensive to store them? How do you usually search for and find your Grail scarfs? At the moment I'm desparately looking for the "Aux portes du palais" silk mousseline GM in blanc/corail and I've just missed out on it twice on The Real Real because I only saw it when it was sold already :annoyed:.

That's interesting. Maybe I could phone the ones in Frankfurt Airport and ask them. I need that Mousseline Portes du Palais!

APdP is just a classic, beautiful design, a real 'wear anytime, anywhere' pattern. I have the pink/blue changeant moussie and am so pleased with it, I didn't even know how much I liked it until I had it.

I don't think you missed anything in the Paris sale. I didn't go, but judging by other's pics of their scarves bought seem more recent e.g. Cav de Caucase AW15. I also think the likelihood of having a SS12 moussie, when moussies only appear once a year is very remote at any H store but it never hurts to try.

My only advice is don't give-up. Tenacity and patience are the most underrated virtues. Last year I bought a mint SS11 scarf for a reasonable price (shame about the P&P ha ha) in a cw I'd missed that season.

A couple years ago, some past season scarves appeared on the US site. I don’t know where they came from. Maybe just clearing out old inventory that was hidden away.

I think it's a great idea for all concerned. H should do this more often rather than send them to the sale for resellers to benefit.

I think it's a great idea for all concerned. H should do this more often rather than send them to the sale for resellers to benefit.

Yes, absolutely! Particularly for somebody like me who's just discovered Hermès it would be great to be able to get my hands on the designs of past seasons without having to go for a hunt on ebay and the likes, always wondering if I didn't buy a fake.

APdP is just a classic, beautiful design, a real 'wear anytime, anywhere' pattern. I have the pink/blue changeant moussie and am so pleased with it, I didn't even know how much I liked it until I had it.

I don't think you missed anything in the Paris sale. I didn't go, but judging by other's pics of their scarves bought seem more recent e.g. Cav de Caucase AW15. I also think the likelihood of having a SS12 moussie, when moussies only appear once a year is very remote at any H store but it never hurts to try.

My only advice is don't give-up. Tenacity and patience are the most underrated virtues. Last year I bought a mint SS11 scarf for a reasonable price (shame about the P&P ha ha) in a cw I'd missed that season.

And thank you so much for encouraging me to try and get the Portes du Palais Mousseline. I'm sure yours is gorgeous! It looks so soft and ethereal, I think it would be the perfect summer scarf! I don't own a Moussline yet but I suppose it is more lightweight than the silk twill scarfs and gavroches which are sometimes just too much in summer.

Reactions: papertiger
It's a plisse, but there's a LFaSdV on The RealReal:

https://www.therealreal.com/product...me-aux-semelles-de-vent-silk-plisse-scarf-2-3

I haven't had the nerve to de-plisse anything, but PocketbookPup's successful ELeK is always on my mind. She pointed out that a busy pattern is a better candidate than a spare one, so maybe . . . ?

I experimented recently to see if regular old plisses, as their original pleaty selves, satisfied my grail itch. Verdicts: Onde de Chic -- total success, yay! And still looking good even with the pleats getting loose: a very forgiving design for saggy pleats. Chaque Rencontre Est Unique -- eh, medium. The scarf is gorgeous, but the pleats hide the delicate details of this design, and I miss them.

Last edited: