Your first Hermes item

My first hermes’ bag was an evelyne gm in gold! I loved it in the beginning when I purchased in 2018 but for awhile now I wish i got the TPM smaller size instead. Still a very useful bag nonetheless!

Hi all- I’m brand new to the forum. I actually joined because I just purchased my first Hermes item: a used Birkin 35 in chocolate brown. I love the color but am having a tiny bit of buyer’s remorse because I’m wondering if the grains on this bag look TOO big and pebbly? Any thoughts on this would be so appreciated. And I hope this is the right place to post. Sorry- I couldn’t figure out how to start a completely new thread and this title spoke to me! View attachment 5943460
I happened to be reading this thread and looks like no one has replied. Will try to help, 16 years ago when I had purchased my first bag, an Evelyne, and joined to learn more, it felt overwhelming. So first, :flowers: Welcome to the world of Hermes and to tpf! May you enjoy it all for many years. You are off to a great start, beautiful bag and a great website. Have fun exploring it.

To identify your leather, you want to post your Birkin’s picture and ask your questions on the “Please help identify leather, color, and design” thread.

Sign in to the purse blog.

Click on “purseforum” as you did to get where you are now.

Next step: in the Forum menu list, select “Premier Designers”

Select “Hermes”

Scroll down and select “Please help identify leather,
color and design”

The screen shot gives you an example.

Enjoy !
IMG_4127.jpeg

I happened to be reading this thread and looks like no one has replied. Will try to help, 16 years ago when I had purchased my first bag, an Evelyne, and joined to learn more, it felt overwhelming. So first, :flowers: Welcome to the world of Hermes and to tpf! May you enjoy it all for many years. You are off to a great start, beautiful bag and a great website. Have fun exploring it.

To identify your leather, you want to post your Birkin’s picture and ask your questions on the “Please help identify leather, color, and design” thread.

Sign in to the purse blog.

Click on “purseforum” as you did to get where you are now.

Next step: in the Forum menu list, select “Premier Designers”

Select “Hermes”

Scroll down and select “Please help identify leather,
color and design”

The screen shot gives you an example.

Enjoy !
View attachment 5968633
OT, but I must say that the genuine kindness and helpfulness with which you responded to this other member is so nice to see! Love the energy.:heart:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
In 2003, I visited Paris with my father, DH and kids (then 5 and 7). We were staying in the 8th not far from the George V boutique. My father, who often wore H ties and always gave the women in his life H scarves on special occasions, encouraged me to look at the Vibrato Herbag which I ended up purchasing with a small bequest from his mother…he said she would have been thrilled. Still have it; still carry it.