Your first Hermes item

Paridae

Mar 14, 2023
Do you still own your first Hermes purchase? Or remember which one it was? Is it still a favourite or is it now a regret?

I have noted a tinge of nostalgia for Hermes products and service of years ago and it made me nostalgic for my start in the brand. I still have my first Hermes item: a “La Danse du Cheval Marwari” scarf. I bought it in Harrods and back then could not believe how much I had spent on some silk square :lol: but I used it sooo much throughout my 20s and it’s still my favourite scarf.

7D7FBBE4-D826-43FB-B9AC-B36AC172DC85.jpeg

Bonus item: this Panda bag charm I bought before I even owned an Hermes bag. I guess I manifested …? :lol:
7EEC8988-3142-4557-B108-FD92DB11DE8B.jpeg

I've told this story before. First H item: I was bought a black/ghw CDC when I was 15 in Paris. Saw it on someone whilst in a café and was instantly obsessed. I wore it all the time. Still have it, have to dig it out though. In fact, I bought another a few years ago for my other wrist to wear as cuffs with ls tops/dresses for the evening. More '40s Art Deco, less Housewives-star-does-rockstar.

Then I bought H as gifts for others (still do) mostly ties and scarves.

First H I bought myself: Honoré's La Femme aux Semelles de Vent, the silk and extra-wide bangle (although I had been given a couple of silk before). Still have them, still love and them. LFaVdV is till one of my favourite scarves (I have the chartreuse version too).

user222564_pic67282_1288609810.jpeg

Like @papertiger my first Hermes purchase was when I was 15.

I got the Aline Grooming Bag in herringbone canvas with a gold calfskin strap, and I used it all the time for school and it survived up till my time in university.

IMG_4579.jpeg
However one of the leather knots holding the bag strap together popped off, and the canvas also started showing quite a bit of wear and tear…

I still have it though! I now use it to store my onions and potatoes in the kitchen! LOL!

IMG_9474.jpeg

Not counting the ties and scarves I purchased as gifts, the first Hermes item I bought for myself was this 70cm scarf. I purchased it at Sèvres with my now husband on one of our first vacations together, over 12-13 years ago. I honestly don’t remember why or how I chose this particular print. I do remember seeing the Picotins on display and wondering why people would pay $2000 for such a small, plain-looking purse! :lol: (Funny because I paid more than that for one recently lol) It sat in the box for many years until recently when I wore it on a trip back to Paris!

That was actually the only purchase for many years until Dec 2019 (right before……) when I walked into the boutique with no profile and bought a noir Evelyne 29 and a zigzag strap…and down the orange chute I went!

IMG_1182.jpeg6041115f-cf6c-4c75-891a-a57544c1efff.jpeg

Not counting the ties and scarves I purchased as gifts, the first Hermes item I bought for myself was this 70cm scarf. I purchased it at Sèvres with my now husband on one of our first vacations together, over 12-13 years ago. I honestly don’t remember why or how I chose this particular print. I do remember seeing the Picotins on display and wondering why people would pay $2000 for such a small, plain-looking purse! :lol: (Funny because I paid more than that for one recently lol) It sat in the box for many years until recently when I wore it on a trip back to Paris!

That was actually the only purchase for many years until Dec 2019 (right before……) when I walked into the boutique with no profile and bought a noir Evelyne 29 and a zigzag strap…and down the orange chute I went!

View attachment 5932626View attachment 5932624

I love this scarf and it suits you so well. I have it in navy (45) the fashions are so cool.

• Love
Reactions: Bdbunny
My first item was a box Kelly 32 from 1959 .I still have it though I hardly wear it as it's seller and too business like .Will pass it to my daughter.

I have a BBK 32 from 70s. Can you imagine how much rarer a K is from way back then, the K was only nicknamed 'the Kelly' 3 years earlier, yours is an original of a now classic.

Got myself a rose gold Kelly Bracelet with diamonds on the buckle last year both as a celebration and a reminder of weight loss.

H was not really on my radar before last year, and I looked online at Cartier, VCA, Bulgari etc but didn't find any bracelet design I really liked. I saw the item online on the H website and thought it was elegant and understated, easy to take off, and also not too ubiquitous like the Love bracelet. Decided to make an appointment to try it on in person at my local boutique!

I really love some of the H fine jewelry despite the overpriced nature.