Your first Hermes item

Like @papertiger my first Hermes purchase was when I was 15.

I got the Aline Grooming Bag in herringbone canvas with a gold calfskin strap, and I used it all the time for school and it survived up till my time in university.

However one of the leather knots holding the bag strap together popped off, and the canvas also started showing quite a bit of wear and tear…

I still have it though! I now use it to store my onions and potatoes in the kitchen! LOL!
I love this story! And the guest appearance by your cute kitty in the kitchen.

My first Hermes purchase was an Alice Shirley scarf that I fell in love with at the Bergdorf H scarf counter (back when they still had one at BG.) At the time, I had no idea that Dans un Jardin Anglais would become a collector's item and be worth much more than retail. I just really liked it! I still love it today and am happy that I was able to purchase it in the store before the prices went $$ on this scarf.

That first purchase started my scarf and shawl collection, which I have slowly added to when I see a design a like ever since.

A long Bearn wallet in classic H orange with PHW - from either late 2010 or early 2011.

Originally went into the boutique looking for a gift for my mother, specifically wallets. Was initially shown a trifold Bearn (don't think they make those anymore...) in a beautiful mossy green in box leather, but knew it'd be too "delicate" for my mom. Then was shown the orange in epsom and while I knew it wasn't a fit for my mom - it was definitely something for me(!) :biggrin: Have always loved SLGs with a pop of color.
Still using regularly on a rotation - it's survived drenching rain, water spillage, dropped multiple times on the ground... and still doing good.

Reactions: periogirl28
Hi all- I’m brand new to the forum. I actually joined because I just purchased my first Hermes item: a used Birkin 35 in chocolate brown. I love the color but am having a tiny bit of buyer’s remorse because I’m wondering if the grains on this bag look TOO big and pebbly? Any thoughts on this would be so appreciated. And I hope this is the right place to post. Sorry- I couldn’t figure out how to start a completely new thread and this title spoke to me! IMG_9077.png

My first H was Un Jardin sur le Nil perfume, which still brings me happy memories.
My first H accessory was a Farandole 160 that I purchased to celebrate a professional milestone in 2015.
I sold it a few years ago as it was uncomfortable and bought a Farandole 120 instead, which is the right length for me.
I wear the latter regularly.

Reactions: xceleritas
A twilly to match with my coco handle bought nearly 5 years ago to celebrate a new job. I haven’t thought too much of Hermes as I’ve been more of a Chanel/Celine girl.
Til now, as I’m getting older, I can appreciate the timeless and classy styles of Hermes. Also being a mother now with 2 girls, I figured it would be nice to give them my purse collection as an heirloom. Thus I’ve started my Hermes journey a few months ago, learning about the brand and hopefully getting a B/K offer by my 40th :smile:

Attachments

• 9B8EA9A6-4145-4FC0-B9FE-75456445D44A2019-05-31_13-01-34_554.jpeg
    9B8EA9A6-4145-4FC0-B9FE-75456445D44A2019-05-31_13-01-34_554.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 77D2AF6E-E5AE-41C2-B24B-DB80AC97F51F2019-05-29_15-54-49_117.jpeg
    77D2AF6E-E5AE-41C2-B24B-DB80AC97F51F2019-05-29_15-54-49_117.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Veritybelle