would you still buy a pushlock bag?

I think enough people know. A few bags I've been eyeing on TRR have been snapped up at very good prices. It's strange but I feel no resentment and actually quite happy someone is going to get such a beauty at giveaway prices. The sisterhood of the mj oldie goodies.

Btw this one is interesting use of the pushlock. Wonder if it's decorative only, or actually functions to tighten/loosen the belt around the bag.
View attachment 5433725
never seen this one....clean lines
this one has been on TRR for a while....not excellent condition but a pretty color and the tarnish on the HW can be easily remedied

Reactions: KPCoppola
@sdkitty I took an inspiration from you. This arrived for me today: A pocket satchel sister to your Stella. She looks brand new and is HUGE…stuffed with a big bath towel in this pic with plenty more room still inside. The zipper is also the same as the Stella where it detaches at the end. A bit fussy but otherwise I am in love with this bag. Apologize in advance if this picture is really large, I’m not up to speed with pics on TPF.1A1AD43F-BE08-4B88-B0D8-A2725A7C9B86.jpeg

@sdkitty I took an inspiration from you. This arrived for me today: A pocket satchel sister to your Stella. She looks brand new and is HUGE…stuffed with a big bath towel in this pic with plenty more room still inside. The zipper is also the same as the Stella where it detaches at the end. A bit fussy but otherwise I am in love with this bag. Apologize in advance if this picture is really large, I’m not up to speed with pics on TPF.View attachment 5539530
very nice! I'm not familiar with this style but I like a large bag and the leather looks great

very nice! I'm not familiar with this style but I like a large bag and the leather looks great
There don’t seem to be many of this style out there although they do pop up now and again. I thought it was going to be more like the standard pocket satchel in size but the largeness is a pleasant surprise + the indigo color with contrast stitching is just so nice. All for under 75 bucks! Love these old MJ bags.

There don’t seem to be many of this style out there although they do pop up now and again. I thought it was going to be more like the standard pocket satchel in size but the largeness is a pleasant surprise + the indigo color with contrast stitching is just so nice. All for under 75 bucks! Love these old MJ bags.
oh, thought it was black....nice with the minimal HW :smile:
I know there are some great deals out there on these bags and I don't care if they are dated
I think I probably have all the pushlock bags I want now....I had the black blake with gold HW for a couple of years and then recently got three with silver HW...most recently Stella in peacock....got a great deal with that one due to someone's pure laziness in not cleaning her up

oh, thought it was black....nice with the minimal HW :smile:
I know there are some great deals out there on these bags and I don't care if they are dated
I think I probably have all the pushlock bags I want now....I had the black blake with gold HW for a couple of years and then recently got three with silver HW...most recently Stella in peacock....got a great deal with that one due to someone's pure laziness in not cleaning her up
Peacock is another favorite color of mine. I don’t have any with gold hardware but a black Blake with gold hw sound very upscale and classy. I also don’t mind if the bags look outdated, they are designed very well and IMO have classic features classic and don’t look outdated in the way that some other bags from the same era do. Interesting feature of this bag is that the rings are larger than the rings on the Stella and Sophia and many other MJ bags which helps the scale of the bag look “normal.” It’s actually big enough to go over the shoulder. I should have put a coke can in my photo.

Peacock is another favorite color of mine. I don’t have any with gold hardware but a black Blake with gold hw sound very upscale and classy. I also don’t mind if the bags look outdated, they are designed very well and IMO have classic features classic and don’t look outdated in the way that some other bags from the same era do. Interesting feature of this bag is that the rings are larger than the rings on the Stella and Sophia and many other MJ bags which helps the scale of the bag look “normal.” It’s actually big enough to go over the shoulder. I should have put a coke can in my photo.
I always wanted a black blake with gold HW. To me it's kinda dressy or ladylike. Now that I have it, I don't carry it often for some reason.
The idea for the stella and sophia with the silver HW was just something that came to me recently. I don't know what got me started on that but I find the silver HW looks more casual to me. and it's fun getting these great deals.

Reactions: new.old.bag
Absolutely still love MJ pushlock designs. I just bought a beautiful white Blake on TRR. I think of them as classics, but I really think they have a cool modern retro vibe to them. I will never get tired of these designs. Love them so much!
is the Blake white white (not ivory)? gold HW? suede lining? maybe you'd like to post a picture

Reactions: Jktgal