would you still buy a pushlock bag?

Here is my new to me multi pocket hobo (may also be known as the Blake hobo)!!! I'm always thinking of The Devil Wears Prada when Andy gifts her friend this exact same bag style, but in a cornflower blue color. I bought it because it's the large hobo, which I prefer, and it has the larger push locks AND the suede lining inside is a nice taupey brown color as opposed to light beige. The lining is pristine from what I can tell. It's a heavy bag but I just love the black w/gold HW so much more than with silver. The leather on this one is very nice!! I've had and sold a few of these bags over the years because something about it, being either the color, or the lining, wasn't exactly what I wanted....BUT this one, OMG, I frikken love it so much already!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20230418_1253197.jpg

IMG_20230418_1254017.jpg

IMG_20230418_1254193.jpg

IMG_20230418_1256025.jpg

IMG_20230418_1253033.jpg

Here is my new to me multi pocket hobo (may also be known as the Blake hobo)!!! I'm always thinking of The Devil Wears Prada when Andy gifts her friend this exact same bag style, but in a cornflower blue color. I bought it because it's the large hobo, which I prefer, and it has the larger push locks AND the suede lining inside is a nice taupey brown color as opposed to light beige. The lining is pristine from what I can tell. It's a heavy bag but I just love the black w/gold HW so much more than with silver. The leather on this one is very nice!! I've had and sold a few of these bags over the years because something about it, being either the color, or the lining, wasn't exactly what I wanted....BUT this one, OMG, I frikken love it so much already!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 5765346

View attachment 5765347

View attachment 5765348

View attachment 5765349

View attachment 5765350
very nice....those large suede lined bags are heavy but it looks great on you

• Thanks
Reactions: Antonia

View attachment 5765346

View attachment 5765347

View attachment 5765348

View attachment 5765349

View attachment 5765350
with me it depends on the bag as to what color HW I prefer....for my MJ Blake I always wanted a black one with gold HW. Now I have it and seldom carry it. for other bags an probably in general, I prefer silver HW

I love the older Marc Jacobs bags. The quality is impeccable. I have about 7 of them including the Stella, Sophia, and Blake. These are well made bags. They are heavy; however most bags from that era and prior were. I also like the Chloe Phoebe Philo era bags. I think outdated is an outdated term. In terms of the bags that are being made now, nothing sticks out. The quality is bad across the board, the price is too high, and everybody has on the same bags. I never understood paying a lot of money for something to look like everyone else.