World Cup Friends II

It snowed here overnight, YAY!!!! :biggrin: Not too much, but just enough to make everything look like it was sprinkled with powdered sugar.

I wish this neckpain would stop. There are times where I move my head and then my neck gives a loud POP!! Scares the bejeezus out of me

Glad to hear that you had a great time!

We had the tiniest bit of snow yesterday morning. :P I got up and screamed "It snowed! It snowed!". DBF came running and was like, well, that was anticlimatic. :roflmfao: We had maybe 3mm or so, you could still see the pavement through it but still it got me all excited for winter. :P

SOOOOOO proud that we're on to thread no 2 now! :yahoo:

Happy Belated Birthday, Anna! Awesome birthday pressies if I might say! :tup: Can't believe it's going to be Christmas in less than a month! I LOVE Christmas!! :heart:

Going to go back to try to catch up on all the happenings while I was away now :P

Oooh, anyone has any idea if it would be better for me to go to Rome/ Florence and Milan in late Jan or late March? I have 2 business trips coming up, and I'm just wondering if I should extend any of them.

Have never been to any of the above mentioned places, so any comments would be appreciated :heart:

Oh boy. Snow!!! I don't like snow, especially after we suffered from Snowpocalypse/Snowmageddon and whatever other term the media was able to come up with during the winter. We were snowed in for a week after being hit with about 30" of snow. Yuck!

OK, so I'm season 7 of MI-5, and I have to say that I really, really like Richard Armitage. I mean, Rupert Penry-Jones was cute, but Richard Armitage is hot! I guess it just proves that I prefer men with dark hair.

it snowed here once...in 1977 :roflmfao:

from wikipedia:
The most widespread snowfall in Florida history occurred on January 19, 1977, when snow fell over much of the state, with flurries as far south as Homestead. Snow flurries also fell on Miami Beach for the only time in recorded history. (I live about 15 miles north of miami beach).

I was 17 years old the first time I ever saw real snow, & it was in germany ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snow_events_in_Florida
http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/03/886359/jan-19-1977-the-day-it-snowed.html

Oh boy. Snow!!! I don't like snow, especially after we suffered from Snowpocalypse/Snowmageddon and whatever other term the media was able to come up with during the winter. We were snowed in for a week after being hit with about 30" of snow. Yuck!

OK, so I'm season 7 of MI-5, and I have to say that I really, really like Richard Armitage. I mean, Rupert Penry-Jones was cute, but Richard Armitage is hot! I guess it just proves that I prefer men with dark hair.

Remember the Blizzard of Feb 2003? That was GREAT! :yahoo:

That was my Sr. Year of high school in Annapolis and we missed a whole week because the plows couldn't even get through the streets...all the other kids had to make up that week at the end of the year because we had already used up all of our snow-days .. we didn't, haha! :P

I lived in virginia during the blizzard of 1993. it was gorgeous! I had to stay with a friend who had a fireplace since we lost power for a few days. we made snow cream...that was my first time trying it!

I've never had snow ice cream ;)

There was one year where we were supposed to get a big Nor'Easter but it never came. I wanna say that was 2000 going on to 2001??? We were in Maryland visiting the family (we lived in Mississippi at the time) and I remember going to bed that night all excited for the big huge snow mass that we were supposed to get... and when I woke up the next morning everything was green!! I cried, haha!

Remember the Blizzard of Feb 2003? That was GREAT! :yahoo:

That was my Sr. Year of high school in Annapolis and we missed a whole week because the plows couldn't even get through the streets...all the other kids had to make up that week at the end of the year because we had already used up all of our snow-days .. we didn't, haha! :P

I lived in virginia during the blizzard of 1993. it was gorgeous! I had to stay with a friend who had a fireplace since we lost power for a few days. we made snow cream...that was my first time trying it!
How could I forget!? That's the thing about the snow; the first couple of days are great because there's no school or anything, but then cabin fever starts to set in. It seems that we've been getting big blizzards every seven years since 1996. I remember that one (I was a junior in HS, so we definitely had to make up the days we missed! Boo, hiss.), then there was the blizzard of 2003, and then we had the HUGE one this year.

Maybe that means we won't have snow like this until 2017. *fingers crossed*

^sorry!

when does everyone start decorating for christmas? lots of people here start thanksgiving weekend...we always did.

We start decorating after Sinterklaas Dec. 5 but most ppl will do decorate after the 10th of December. Others will wait until the 15th of Dec. bc they wanted the real christmas trees to buy. They say that real trees smells awesome than the plastic ones. Christmas here is 25th (eerste kerstdag/first christmas day) and 26th (tweede kerstdag/2nd christmas day), so there's still work on the 24th LOL So after the 26th the real trees are thrown away, maybe up to the 28th and that's it. When I came over here, I wanted to savor the smell and the hype of having a real christmas tree but I only tried it once and never again. We always have the plastic one, I can begin to decorate early and wait after the 3 Kings. For me christmas is my most favorite holiday of the year:P

Glad to hear that you had a great time!

We had the tiniest bit of snow yesterday morning. I got up and screamed "It snowed! It snowed!". DBF came running and was like, well, that was anticlimatic. :roflmfao: We had maybe 3mm or so, you could still see the pavement through it but still it got me all excited for winter.

We had a slight snow yesterday and on the north a very wet snow that melted before reaching the ground. DS is very crazy when it snows. You can wake him up in the middle of the night when it's snowing. He felt bad when there's this thick snow in our backyard and somebody's walking on them. He doesn't want footsteps on the snow:nuts: I made a joke that maybe he will choose to live somewhere in the north pole someday LOL I might not come over to visit him:P

Oooh, anyone has any idea if it would be better for me to go to Rome/ Florence and Milan in late Jan or late March? I have 2 business trips coming up, and I'm just wondering if I should extend any of them.

Have never been to any of the above mentioned places, so any comments would be appreciated :heart:

Nymph, I was in Florence only during the summer month. I've never been in Rome and Milan yet. I bet Jan up to March is cold around there during these months. Florence is a nice city, lots and lots to visit. Aahhh, all things in Italy are awesome, awesome, really. Aside from England, it's my 2nd favorite country, very lovely:love:

How's your Japan trip? I hope it was a fun experience:biggrin:

What busy days we had! Dinners (friday & saturday). Saturday morning cleaned our old house for the last time, we are giving the key to the new owners on Dec. 1, attended a bithday party in the in the afternoon and then dinner. Today, we managed to assemble our plasma tv table and some lightings, laundry, some cleaning ugh. OMG, I don't want to move out again, I hope not
spi14.gif