World Cup Friends II

annanas

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
they were very generous this year! maybe i'll get no christmas presents to compensate :P i'm sure we'll do those early though, no point in taking them to south east asia and back!

i've never had thanksgiving, i've always wondered what it's like :lol:

LADC_chick

African violet
Dec 13, 2009
The District
Yay for a second thread! As for soccer, I've been so sad with my beloved Inter. They're struggling so much! And the stupid manager they have is just...stupid. :tdown: At least I still have Chelsea that are at the top (though they've faltered in a couple of games recently). My trio of Drogba, Anelka, and Malouda never let me down. :biggrin: OK, enough of that...

Oooooh, annanas! That's a nice haul you got there.

As for Thanksgiving, last week I was feeling ambitious, saying that I wanted to make red velvet cake. I even posted a FB status calling for recipes and got a couple. Then I realized that I didn't want to bake a cake, and I've decided I'm going to buy one. There will be no :sweatdrop: in the kitchen from me this year.

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Supernova Heights
I had a thanksgiving during my high School Year in the US. Let's just say, it's Not my holiday foodwise. I don't like Sweet potatoes, I don't like yams, I don't like turkey! :P

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
I had a thanksgiving during my high School Year in the US. Let's just say, it's Not my holiday foodwise. I don't like Sweet potatoes, I don't like yams, I don't like turkey! :P
We never had sweet potatoes or yams at our Thanksgiving Dinners. We usually had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, pie, green-bean casserole, rolls.. YUM YUM YUM!!! :nuts:

I can't believe you don't like turkey!

annanas

O.G.
Jul 15, 2006
i think i'd actually prefer it to christmas - or finnish christmas food anyway, i don't mind english christmas food. the finnish foods are all really heavy and it's ham instead of turkey :yucky: although you do get gravad lax to begin with, i tend to just fill up on that instead since i'm a total salmon fiend :lol:

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
Ew, I hate ham!! Hate it.. dunno why, don't like the taste I guess. ...and the fat!

I like salmon though, but can only have a little bit before it becomes "too much" for me;)

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Supernova Heights
We never had sweet potatoes or yams at our Thanksgiving Dinners. We usually had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, pie, green-bean casserole, rolls.. YUM YUM YUM!!! :nuts:

I can't believe you don't like turkey!
I don't like Duck or Goose either... :shrugs: I guess I'm more about veal, pork, rabbit, etc. I also love salmon and fish. It's just the big birds that don't do it for me.

Here in Germany a Lot of People have goose for christmas. Another traditional dish for some reason is potatoe salat and wiener sausages. I have no clue where that originates from, but for my grandpa it isn't christmas without it. :P lol, we usually make that and different meats on a Hot Stone ( I have no clue how that is called in English?!)

Sternchen

O.G.
May 16, 2006
Bavaria, Germany
hahaha, our family is the same Kitty!!! On the 24th before opening presents we have potato salad and warm wieners :P

And then on the 25th with have Goose :biggrin:

You mean Raclette? It's called the same in english ;)

Last edited: