Will You be GIVING H Gifts this Holiday Season?

Do they carry that on the online store during holidays or is it an in store item? That actually sounds really cool
The silk ornaments (spheres, stars, dolphins, etc.) were online during holidays for a few years (in petit h) but I haven't seen the ornaments yet this year, just charms and tabletop decorations. I think I bought ten or twelve ornaments one year :doh: and still have a few left. Of course, petit h is more expensive now, so it's less sensible as a host gift :smile:

The silk ornaments (spheres, stars, dolphins, etc.) were online during holidays for a few years (in petit h) but I haven't seen the ornaments yet this year, just charms and tabletop decorations. I think I bought ten or twelve ornaments one year :doh: and still have a few left. Of course, petit h is more expensive now, so it's less sensible as a host gift :smile:
I wear my dolphin as a charm on my kelly

Reactions: papertiger
I have definitely given H gifts in the past, including ties, silks and perfumes, to family and friends. I do not dare go bigger because my family has very particular taste and I share all my bags with my sister anyway. This year I am saving my pennies for a gift to DH. It all depends on my SAs (H Fairies) now. :graucho:
As usual, my FSH SAs have come through. And beyond all expectations. :giggle:

Inspired by thoughts I had here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/how-did-you-first-hear-about-hermes.1063577/page-5

My very first H-piece, a CDC, was a gift, come to think of it, my second piece, a silk carré, was too.

I've often given H for birthdays, holidays and occasions, even before I took the plunge and bought for myself.

We're coming up-to Nov, so it's at this time of year I am thinking I need to buy appropriate presents when/where I see them so there's no panic later.

So far, this year I've bought:
A twilly (man)
A tie (man)
A bandanna 55 (woman)

I'm thinking H cosmetics and brushes/tools may make nice presents as well as soaps, fragrances and keychains.

Tips I'd like to suggest
1. (The most obvious). Don't hang around, buy if/when you see/available.
2. For seasoned H lovers, if you know someone's interested in something H already, check if they already bought. It may spill/spoil the surprise but not as disappointing than if they already got there first. Exchange is often a whole palaver.
3. Buy online if you can, you get a printed gift card and gift receipt. If early, you can collect in-store, send later, if nearer to the date you can send straight - again obvious, but a brilliant option if s/he/they other end of the same country (not sure if they live in another). You should check recipient's delivery prefs.
4. For cosmetics, know their default prefs for colours/category. High unlikely that someone who only ever wears mascara is going to start wearing a Rouge H lipstick just because it's H.
5. Every fragrance has a soap equivalent, all you have to do is find which H fragrance they wear (prefer) Done!
6. For H newbies, a little H goes a long way. Most people would rather have an Hermes lipstick than another brand's multi-bundle or an H tie rather than a suit from the high-street. It maybe the same price, but Hermes (for others) is not always the first thing they think of for themselves (sorry, for H-xplaining).
7. Presents are the reason H launches Bride de Gala #693837745 biannual reissues. It may be boring (for us) but when I asked a friend what he wanted, he chose a Bride de Gala scarf. Fact.
8. Obvious again, but remember to ask for separate gift-receipt(s) and extra orange bags if you're buying same time as other H in-store.
9. Don't forget the children or homeware dept. They have some forever gifts that someone may never buy themselves or for their kids.
9. Don't expect H in return :biggrin: although it would be nice :winkiss:

I know we mostly chat about things for ourselves, but will you be giving H for seasonal Holiday presents this year?
+
Do you have tips for tracking down and buying H gifts for your friends and loved ones (not saying you don't love your friends!)?

+
Adding a scarf for my cousin and a blanket for DH

The tape measure is lovely, too..
Yes to the tape measure!

I got one for DH last year/earlier this year for his birthday, based off of Jony Ive's 12 Tools Of The Trade (he's a big Apple/Jony Ive fan).

... still can't believe H's site serendipitously had the tape measure in stock (in Chai/a similar colour to Sir Jony's too!) and that I was able to source the 6 exact items in the pencil case (ok except the fountain pen, because it was ~€4,800 and I know DH would never use it).

My surfing sister is getting a 3 Surfs Pareo in Fauve that matches her favourite bathing suit, hoping she likes it!

Last edited:
Ended up giving out some lip enhancers as little "stocking stuffer"-type gifts when my friends and I had our holiday ladies' night. They were a hit (unsurprisingly). I had a surprisingly low number of gifts I had to give this year. I think it's because I've switched to giving cash to my manicurist/hairstylist/etc. (as opposed to a physical gift).

Reactions: carrie8