Why do u spend thousands on a bag?!

Sins of vanity, pride, insecurity, conspicuous consumption, self-reward. Making up for past deprivation. And they are pretty and I dont have to worry about fitting into them :smile: My feet dont fit in fancy shoes.
But lately I've come to the realization that they dont make me happy. They make me temporarily satisfied. There is a difference. Its all just for fun. I can pull off a $30 clearance Fossil bag the same way as a Chanel flap. It doesn't change anything. I like both, I want to have both but ultimately its all for fun.

+1 I shared similar sentiments :smile:

Because bag is thing that make me happy in number one (and maybe because i'm crazy lol)

well said, same here

It just makes me really happy when I carry them

and it´s not about the others, in my small town the people only get that Michael Kors and LV Monograms are a bit more expensive than High street stuff (if they´re not fake), but Miu Miu, Fendis, Stellas and Givenchys?

I just wear my beloved bags for me (it´s safe on these small town streets, girls, they can´t tell the price of a designer bag here:P)

I actually refuse to pay full price for anything! :P I love the quality of high-end bags like Fendi, Givenchy, etc. but it makes me cry to have to pay full-price... But if I had to get either a low-end bag at reg. price or a high-end bag at reg. price, then I WOULD save for the high-end. The quality just never fades! ^^

Why? Because it's a symbol for all the hard work. My first bag I bought in high school after saving up from my job, birthday money, allowance etc...I was 17 years old and I bought Chanel Boy. Now I'm proud to own over 16 designer pieces without any debt. They all have sentimental value to me as they were bought after a lot of hard work. The money you pay does get you quality and it will outlive me and perhaps even my children.

I think everyone has a 'thing' that is their passion - e.g. my boyfriend loves computers/IT (which I like too as we both work in IT), my dad loves his cars & motorbikes, and I love bags and fashion.

If it makes me happy and no debt involved - I do it :smile: I can't take my money with me when I die!

+1

Not that I've ever spent 1K for a bag (but I would if I could).

But I look at fashion as a hobby, just like cars, golf, fishing, etc.

Because bags are my "thing" and they give me enjoyment like nothing else can. I can't wear beautiful shoes due to my wonky feet and as much as I like designer clothes, I just can't justify paying that much for items that I can't wear every day….unlike bags, which CAN be worn again and again every day. Cost per wear, baby! :tup:

For investment, really. The bags will last so much longer, there's the brand name behind it, and it looks and feels great. It also brings my self-esteem up, knowing that I'm carrying something I'm able to afford. Plus it makes me genuinely happy every time I look at it (and smell the leather teehee!).

For investment, really. The bags will last so much longer, there's the brand name behind it, and it looks and feels great. It also brings my self-esteem up, knowing that I'm carrying something I'm able to afford. Plus it makes me genuinely happy every time I look at it (and smell the leather teehee!).

The leather smell is about right!

Because I'm single (as in, not married, no kids. I do have a live-in bf), in my late 20s, established in my career, and can afford to. I don't know how much longer I will be able to say that, as I do want children eventually. The way I see it, this is my time. My time to travel, to shop, to love, to play.