Why do u spend thousands on a bag?!

Just speaking for myself and counting in pounds not dollars, from experience and measuring £1 for £1 for the life of any bag:

I X £1K bag from G/C/BV etc lasts approx 20-30 years = max £50 per annum or £1000 per 20 years
Plus I'm happy because I bought exactly what I wanted (although my bags tend to more like 1.5K so make that max £75)

1 X £60-150 high-street bag lasts approx 3-4 months = min £120 per annum or 3600 per 20 years
Plus I'm POd because I'm carrying 'copies' of the bag I really want

Hope my maths is correct :shame:

The question I need to ask myself if I have so many bags that last a 'lifetime' is how many lives do think I'm living? ;)

The question we should be asking bag makers is why do we have to spend more and more money on bags to obtain the same quality? :pout:

Never mind the high-street which provides fashionable but 'throwaway' products. The 'normal' bags that now cost £200-350 (which is a fair amount anyway!) seem to have gone down hill quality wise if you check out vintage bags of the same ilk. Even with premium designer bags we are having to pay more to get a quality. Check out the premium designers of 20-30 years ago, quality (materials and workmanship) like that does not even exist any more not even at H.

If you want value for money and longevity buy vintage :yes:

Reactions: snibor
Sometimes its hard for people to understand WHY someone would spend extra on luxury items when they can just get the basic item for a fraction of the price.

Basically...my rule is this: buy the best you can afford. If you buy cheap, you get cheap.

The question I need to ask myself if I have so many bags that last a 'lifetime' is how many lives do think [/QUOTE]

love this haha..

Buying those 'premium' brand is a road of no return. To me at least. It's so addictive that I won't even bother to see 'non premium' stuff.. Yes, I've become a bag snob n I'm ashamed but I just can't stop.. :cry:

E only redeeming factor is I hurt no one in my obsession, just my bank account balance..:P

I don't spend thousands on a bag - I guess that my small collection of Chanel's cost thousands (in total). I'm not sure why I do it. I like quality and I like being unique (not many luxury items around here). I also like the "hunt" because the bags I like are not readily available in my area.