Why do u spend thousands on a bag?!

I think everyone has a 'thing' that is their passion - e.g. my boyfriend loves computers/IT (which I like too as we both work in IT), my dad loves his cars & motorbikes, and I love bags and fashion.

If it makes me happy and no debt involved - I do it :smile: I can't take my money with me when I die!

The rational explanation: because I´m single, child-free, debtless, own my flat, have my financial $h*t together and can afford to without having to scrimp somewhere else. (I don´t buy more than 1 1K bag a year + a few SLGs, tops (one in = one out), but I could if I wanted, and that´s what matters!)

The irrational explanation: because I´m an unabashed hedonist for any and all sensual experiences (i.e. for exquisite bags as much as for gourmet food or fine liqueur), and the sight of chamaleonic leather, its silky smooth touch, the sound "plop" of real brass handles against solid yet yielding leather, the luxurious, well-organized interior and above all the indescribable, mouthwatering smell of quality leather is my daily portable mini-Orgasmathron - which never fails to deliver :biggrin:

The rational explanation: because I´m single, child-free, debtless, own my flat, have my financial $h*t together and can afford to without having to scrimp somewhere else. (I don´t buy more than 1 1K bag a year + a few SLGs, tops (one in = one out), but I could if I wanted, and that´s what matters!)

The irrational explanation: because I´m an unabashed hedonist for any and all sensual experiences (i.e. for exquisite bags as much as for gourmet food or fine liqueur), and the sight of chamaleonic leather, its silky smooth touch, the sound "plop" of real brass handles against solid yet yielding leather, the luxurious, well-organized interior and above all the indescribable, mouthwatering smell of quality leather is my daily portable mini-Orgasmathron - which never fails to deliver :biggrin:
Very well said.

quality, good leather, the service I receive at the store and timeless designs. I'm very open to spending thousands of dollars on a bag that I know will last me a long time - both in quality and in design.

Sins of vanity, pride, insecurity, conspicuous consumption, self-reward. Making up for past deprivation. And they are pretty and I dont have to worry about fitting into them :smile: My feet dont fit in fancy shoes.
But lately I've come to the realization that they dont make me happy. They make me temporarily satisfied. There is a difference. Its all just for fun. I can pull off a $30 clearance Fossil bag the same way as a Chanel flap. It doesn't change anything. I like both, I want to have both but ultimately its all for fun.

I'm waiting a few more weeks before purchasing my first ever premier designer bag ($1500). This will be the most I will have spent on a bag. The bags I have now are each under $500 so I figured I should try a bag in the thousands and see what I may be missing out.