Why do people/buyers get mad when sellers ethically make a profit ?

actually, I HAVE NO PROBLEM with people selling their bags on ebay. I said I had a problem with those who go to boutiques/outlets etc and HOARD the bags just to resell.

Edited to add: I am certainly entitled to my OWN opinion, I apologize if you two are easily offended by MY opinion...your more then welcomed to look over my post :smile:
no, but YOUR opinion includes butting into OUR lives and livelihood, and THAT I do have a problem with.

You're really not going to win this fight on TPF, we're big ebayers around here.

I don't want to look over your stupid posts, you keep changing your story.

:wtf:

then why did you say this:

I just wish ebay would crackdown and not allow designer handbags to be sold on ebay.

make up your mind!

when I said I had no problem with people selling their bags on ebay...AGAIN, I meant people who unloaded their bags on ebay as a means of recouping costs that was not supporative of those who intentionally bought bags at designers stores to resell them as a BUSINESS.

no, but YOUR opinion includes butting into OUR lives and livelihood, and THAT I do have a problem with.

You're really not going to win this fight on TPF, we're big ebayers around here.

I don't want to look over your stupid posts, you keep changing your story.

haha, yeah.....you two really put up a "STRONG" fight :lol:

I am entitled to my opinions, just because you are evading taxes and reselling coach bags without authorization from COACH is not my problem..eventually I am sure it will catch up to you.

when I said I had no problem with people selling their bags on ebay...AGAIN, I meant people who unloaded their bags on ebay as a means of recouping costs that was not supporative of those who intentionally bought bags at designers stores to resell them as a BUSINESS.

we'll just have to agree to disagree then. I'm done. The Office is back on....have a great night.

haha, yeah.....you two really put up a "STRONG" fight :lol:

I am entitled to my opinions, just because you are evading taxes and reselling coach bags without authorization from COACH is not my problem..eventually I am sure it will catch up to you.
ok, who ever said we were evading our taxes? now you're just assuming crap and that is REALLY not cool. you don't know either one of us (thank god, I don't want to know you for one second) or how we run our lives.

ok, who ever said we were evading our taxes? now you're just assuming crap and that is REALLY not cool. you don't know either one of us (thank god, I don't want to know you for one second) or how we run our lives.

not "Our" hun, it was more like "YOU" since you already admitted to going into coach and buying 10 bags at a time with the intent of reselling. I have no problems with what bags said, she made her argument clear..you on the other hand..I think are a bit more defensive because you are directly participating in these activities . You need a business resellers license to resell, end of story. Consigners have these licenses and also have disclaimers which explicitally state they arent affiliated with the designers.

again, I dont care if people sell their bags on ebay, but It does become an economic problem when you have hundreds of people on ebay selling without authorization from the designer houses. I am sure coach,gucci,lv,chanel etc would not condone of the behavior either and that is why many get black listed :yes:

not "Our" You need a business resellers license to resell, end of story. Consigners have these licenses and also have disclaimers which explicitally state they arent affiliated with the designers.

again, I dont care if people sell their bags on ebay, but It does become an economic problem when you have hundreds of people on ebay selling without authorization from the designer houses. I am sure coach,gucci,lv,chanel etc would not condone of the behavior either and that is why many get black listed :yes:

Au contraire ! Most of the major powersellers as far as I know do report and pay taxes as that is their sole source of income. Thankfully enough I have a well paying engineering job and ebay selling is merely a supplement funding for my luxuries. And no, its not just some ladies who are homemakers doing it. A lot of these powersellers are actually LLCs. Also, most of the resellers put it in their auctions/About me page that they are not authorized resellers. I really wanted the Miroir speedy but couldn't, yet I am not mad about people selling it 3 times the retail because I applaud their smart entrepreneurship. You don't need a license to sell on ebay, especially when the quantity is just 20-30 bags a month. Most consignment shops do not have exclusive authorized dealership with all kinds of designer labels. If that were the case, most of them would be out of business. Perhaps a lawyer here on tPF could clarify this for us further. Please get your facts straight. The purpose of me starting this thread was to know the genuine reasons (one of which you have given us), but please refrain from attacking ebay sellers. Just so you know, we as simple small resellers pay hell of a lot more taxes than most corporation per capita (thanks to the tax breaks ill-afforded to big businesses rather than small businesses). Also, this is true capitalism in its finest, when profits from big corporations percolate down to the middle classes, which leads to further investments and spending (highly beneficial to the current US economy).

I am pretty sure that the resellers' license just means that you don't pay sales tax when you buy to resell. It doesn't have any meaning for your ability to resell.

There is nothing *illegal* about buying bags/whatever on sale and then reselling it on eBay. The design houses, however, can certainly blacklist people. They have the power to sell or not to sell to whoever they choose. But, this has nothing to do with whether what the buyers/resellers are doing is LEGAL or not. It just has to do with the manufacturers controlling the channels of distribution.

IMO, those buying and reselling is efficient and doing people a favor, as long as (like I said earlier) they are not cornering the market for those who could otherwise go get the item themselves. I doubt any of the people on this thread go and buy out the entire Coach store. There is still product left for others. This is efficient because the person who values it the most gets the product. eBay sellers make the free market run more smoothly by improving information and availability.

Wake up! Gucci et al don't care as long as they sell the crap they can't shift from their retail stores, that's why it ends up in the outlet stores.

As for making comments about people's financial matters, that's just down right slanderous

I see nothing wrong with buying bags for resell. If all the ebay sellers stopped buying these bags from outlets or retail stores to resell then then I bet the designers would lose a lot of money and therefore have a price increase to compensate for lost revenue or maybe have to cut corners by producing an inferior product.

Wake up! Gucci et al don't care as long as they sell the crap they can't shift from their retail stores, that's why it ends up in the outlet stores.

As for making comments about people's financial matters, that's just down right slanderous

You have certainly got to be kidding me!!! This is why they are taking action against ebay because ebay is not authorized to resell these bags. There was a few articles about design houses filing suit againt ebay, I wish I had saved it. But, thats an entirely different issue.

some of you are missing my point, if someone wants to list a bag on ebay -new or used- then fine, go for it..it would give someone the opportunity to purchase it, but if a seller has 10 of the same type of bags up for sale..all with tags..all with reciepts, then thats annoying. Obviously, they are reselling..which again is not authorized BY ANY design house. Selling to unload is one thing, selling as a business (without LLC, resellers license,etc) is entirely another thing. I dont shop at coach, but my sister has gone to the boutique and outlet a few times and all I have ever seen are hoard of people with arms full of bags and accessories...that is why they monitor peoples accounts, to see what they buy and how frequently..that is why any department store and boutique monitor what someone buys..to catch resellers. If they wanted individulas to resell their bags for PROFIT then Im sure they would simply authorize it and distribute the goods..but guess what? THEY DONT.

there is a distinction between reselling and being a reseller as a form of business. (lets not even get into the ones who dont even report their income...again, why ebay is implementing rules ie.sellers have to report their earings to IRS.)

my $0.2, if you dont agree, then thats fine. Im not here to start a war, I am just offering my perspective.

beatdeadhorse.gif