Why do people/buyers get mad when sellers ethically make a profit ?

I am sorry you took paticular offense to my opinion, is it because you yourself hoard all the bags at coach and then resell them??

easy now. the point is that it is intrusive to try to dictate how people choose to make money as long as it is legal. if you take offense to what the Chanel lady did then why stop there? Why not go after national banks and investment firms that buy up property really cheap and then turn and sell them for a big fat profit? Or corporations that do hostile takeovers of small companies and then break them up and sell them off piece by piece? all we are saying is, what you did was not very cool and you should ask yourself how you would feel if someone did the same thing to you? KWIM?

yes, I buy about 10 coach bags a month and resell them. guess what! I am on disability and can't do my normal outside sales job and I can't drive, so selling on ebay is the best I can do right now. So, I beg my husband or my mother to drive me to the outlet so I can buy a few things and maybe make a few hundred bucks a month. If you don't like it, I DON'T CARE! Get over yourself, quit being the ebay police. You don't know me, don't judge me.

I am not the ebay police, I hardly go on ebay and dont even have an ebay account much less. I just find it disgusting that people actually go into stores with the intention of buying bags just to resell them for profit. Coach has a disclaimer on their website ( and you can contact corporate) and they will tell you its illegal to resell, not only does it hurt our economy but what about not reporting that income on your taxes etc? I just wish ebay would crackdown and not allow designer handbags to be sold on ebay.

easy now. the point is that it is intrusive to try to dictate how people choose to make money as long as it is legal. if you take offense to what the Chanel lady did then why stop there? Why not go after national banks that investment firms that buy up property really cheap and then turn and sell them for a big fat profit? Or corporations that do hostile takeovers of small companies and then break them up and sell them off piece by piece? all we are saying is, what you did was not very cool and you should ask yourself how you would feel if someone did the same thing to you? KWIM?

what she was doing was ILLEGAL. I didnt just call up chanel and rat her out, my associate asked me about her and well, I told her the truth..they conducted their own investigation and decided to blacklist her.

I am not the ebay police, I hardly go on ebay and dont even have an ebay account much less. I just find it disgusting that people actually go into stores with the intention of buying bags just to resell them for profit. Coach has a disclaimer on their website ( and you can contact corporate) and they will tell you its illegal to resell, not only does it hurt our economy but what about not reporting that income on your taxes etc? I just wish ebay would crackdown and not allow designer handbags to be sold on ebay.
oh boy, now we're on taxes......how else would you like to save the world today?

what she was doing was ILLEGAL. I didnt just call up chanel and rat her out, my associate asked me about her and well, I told her the truth..they conducted their own investigation and decided to blacklist her.
buying items and selling them is not illegal. consignment shops, or the things bagnshoo mentioned. I sell more of my gently used bags on ebay than anything else, I also buy a lot of Coach on there as well. Would you like to give your opinion on that as well?

I also like how you've changed your story about reporting to Chanel.

I just wish ebay would crackdown and not allow designer handbags to be sold on ebay.

why does it matter to you? you've just offended alot of people in this forum. do you own Coach Corp.? I sell designer bags on E-Bay as well as alot of members here - and I love that I've been able to buy bags on E-Bay that were otherwise out of my reach financially. Let Coach enforce their own rules.

okay lets all take a deep breath here. joonam, I'm just letting you know you are stepping on a lot of toes here on TPF (ie; E-Bay sellers). I just happen to have a big mouth and let people know what I think but if busting people is what blows your skirt up then have at it. Just know you won't be making very many friends here...just food for thought.

okay lets all take a deep breath here. joonam, I'm just letting you know you are stepping on a lot of toes here on TPF (ie; E-Bay sellers). I just happen to have a big mouth and let people know what I think but if busting people is what blows your skirt up then have at it. Just know you won't be making very many friends here...just food for thought.
bagnshoofetish, have you noticed that you and I end up in a lot of the same controversial threads? we always seem to agree on the subject, but why is that?

I think for me it's because I hold very strongly to my convictions and I'm brutally honest

bagnshoofetish, have you noticed that you and I end up in a lot of the same controversial threads? we always seem to agree on the subject, but why is that?

I think for me it's because I hold very strongly to my convictions and I'm brutally honest

or neither of us know how to keep our mouths shut! :roflmfao: (I always feel bad afterwards....)

actually, I HAVE NO PROBLEM with people selling their bags on ebay. I said I had a problem with those who go to boutiques/outlets etc and HOARD the bags just to resell.

Edited to add: I am certainly entitled to my OWN opinion, I apologize if you two are easily offended by MY opinion...your more then welcomed to look over my post :smile: