Why A Bolide?

Mou Bolide 37s are terrific bags!!! I would never be without one of them. As many have said, they are quietly elegant, the stealth bag of Hermes. I end up using them more than the Kelly. All that lovely leather, the curving stitching, minimal hardware, and the security of a zipper at the top. They carry quite a bit without feeling stuffed because of the width at the bottom. Another shot of what fits inside:

Attachments

• jill-bags,whatKelly35&Bolide37willhold.jpg
    jill-bags,whatKelly35&Bolide37willhold.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 570
  • jill-bags,whatKelly35&Bolide37willhold 1.jpg
    jill-bags,whatKelly35&Bolide37willhold 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 549
The Bolide strap works perfectly when you need it, and can easily be tucked inside when you don't. If you have an Evelyne in a color that goes well with your Bolide, it's easy to switch straps for a more causual cross-body look. Below, ebene clemence with strap from a graphite Evelyne.

Attachments

• jill-bags-straps,Bolide,Kelly,Evelyne030.jpg
    jill-bags-straps,Bolide,Kelly,Evelyne030.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 526
Here is a mou clemence next to a rigide in vache liegee, both purchased at the same time, and used the same amount. I thought I would prefer the rigide, but I have to force myself to let the mous rest before I wear them out...

I have gotten mine from resellers, from Jean at you-know-where and from fancydiamond, both fantastic sellers. Bolides are wonderful bags!! :yahoo:

Attachments

• Bolidemoutnexttorigide.jpg
    Bolidemoutnexttorigide.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 575
Here is a mou clemence next to a rigide in vache liegee, both purchased at the same time, and used the same amount. I thought I would prefer the rigide, but I have to force myself to let the mous rest before I wear them out...

I have gotten mine from resellers, from Jean at you-know-where and from fancydiamond, both fantastic sellers. Bolides are wonderful bags!! :yahoo:

Absolutely gorgeous!

I only have the 31 cm size (Roo, one is a troika) and while the 37 sounds big, I was surprised to see how "unbig" it felt when trying one out for size in the store. It actually feels smaller than a 35 Birkin, likely b/c it is narrower. Both sizes are wonderful.

Roo - You have started wonderful threads: kelly jumping boots and this bolide !!! Both are on my wish list ! Love this thread, but I have to slow down my pace .... slow down ...

I certainly will go for a 37 mou clemence. Does anyone know that it is under 2.5 lbs or above ?

Contrary to what some people on this forum believe not everyone lies awake at night plotting to acquire a Birkin! The Bolide has a right to fight for the title of Hermes' most classic handbag due to the age of the style, its timelessness, the historicity of being the world's first handbag with a zip and it's design to work essentially with the 20th centrury.
It oozes its luxury in an understated manner, is really useful to grab and go and is glorious in form and function.

I never gave the Bolide a second glance until my SA handed me a 37 cm mou Bolide to try on. I was surprised at how comfortable it was in the hand and how nice it looked. I like the fact that while it's big, it doesn't feel big compared to a 35cm Birkin. It's definitely on my wishlist especially in a brighter color. I'm not a fan of bags with zipper closures, but that wouldn't stop me from getting a Bolide!

Why not?
I don't have one, and I think for me it would be a bit small, but it is a beautiful bag... I think it's also practical and will fit very well with all looks...
What color do you like most?
I love the blue one of pierina2...

Sorry for my english. I believe that in the previous sentence there are so many errors that it is impossible to count them all ...

WHY a Bolide??

WHY????

1) Gorgeous bag...and it grows on you...you will NEVER tire of it
2) Much more lightweight than a Birkin or Kelly
3) Under the radar
4) Extremely user friendly--very easy to find things in, and the shoulder strap comes in very handy
5) a 37 mou is incredibly, huggably smooshy
6) I don't know about the curve of the corners for carrying files...but my guess is it will be too small for them
7) generally easy to find a wide selection of colors at any time