Why A Bolide?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love my birkins - but find myself frequently glancing sideways at a bolide!

Somehow, the lack of hardware urges me to consider this is less sober colours (and H wise so far very conservative colourwise). I've looked at the ode thread on many an occasion, but would like to boil this down to basics - take me from the emotional to the practical (if you can :biggrin:)

So - Why a Bolide?

2. Oh, Roo, where to begin!!! A Bolide was my third style Hermes purse. I adore that it's "under the radar," has a shoulder strap, though I rarely use it, but when you need it, you need it.

I get more compliments on my Bolides than I do any other Hermes purse. I own 3, and I suspect my next purse purchase will be another one......I'm thinking black croc with GHW!

I dodn't you'll regret for a moment.

3. It's a wonderful, useful, timeless style. Nothing to regret. Are you thinking mou or rigide?

4. ^Pepper - because the 37 appeals most - then I suspect the mou would be more practical (though I have to say, my first encounter and love at first sight was actually a troika!)

5. Simple, classic, functional. I love my bolides though wish I had been less conservative with my color choices.

6. Everyone aspires to own a birkin, few aspires to own a bolide. It's cult in that sense. Add on to the ease of usage. Zip and unzip, add the strap.

candyapple15 likes this.
  7. I find the 37 bolide intriguing as well. Can't wait to see what you get!

8. Well said!

9. A 37 mou is on my list - clemence. I only have one and it's a 37 rigide. I love it and I know I'd love a mou one for sure. Gorgeous, functional, roomy, and zips closed!

Not sure how to convince you though - LOL! I guess you either love 'em or you don't.

10. Roo, I would caution that it's not a purse to be over stuffed. Because the zipper is fabric, it can stretch out of shape a little is you do. If you MUST fill it too much, don't use the zipper. ;)

11. Ohhhh.. I want a bolide too!:love: Just can't decide if i I'll go with the basic black, brown or gold color or I'll get something bright in red or green.

12. :happydance:I love the Bolide!!*Deep breathe*I have a couple of bolides mou 31 and 37 and rigide 31. I love them all!! I have to say I use the 37 mou the most. You can stuff it and since I use mine so often I can fold flat for travel. My mou is clemance and I have not babied it at all! Its a wonderful bag I love the shoulder strap and I also just ordered a wider leather shoulder strap to wear it messanger style over coats. I can wear it meassanger style with the strap now but any bulk needs a longer strap. Sorry:shame:I love Bolides. The Bolide was my first H bag:love:I hope this helps you!:flowers:

13. Similar to Julide, my mou 37 gets more use thab my rigide. Next on my list is a mou 31. I'm waiting for the right one to find me, which is another nice thing about bolides--good deals on the resale side.

14. I have one Bolide. A 31cm rigid Vache Ligee in Indigo. I adore that bag. The size makes it perfect for the occasion of being a little more dressy than corporate attire. Like for church or a luncheon. I have often thought of a 37 Mou Bolide. I don't carry my 35 Birkins as a grab and go bag. For this winter I am using a 34 Lindy Havanne/Toile as my grad and go back, but I am seriously thinking of a 37 mou Bolide in a nice neutral spring/summer color. Here is a pic of my 37 Indigio Bolide. I had it sent to Paris and had my initials heat stamped in silver on the oval patch.

Attached Files:

15. Why NOT a bolide?

Why only ONE bolide?

LOL!! love all responses here. For me, its gorgeous, roomy, versatile, perfection.