Whole new Style - no Hardware (2016)

Just received pics from the Bal-LA boutique, of a whole new 'style' .. without any hardware (as you will all see). This is something that I have to see IRL, because I'm not quite sure about it .. however, since it is Calfskin leather (like the Metal Plate), one never knows!!!
  • Pic #1 = Small City
  • Pic #2 = City
808_zpsqihsfhcv.jpeg
809_zpst345a7ba.jpeg

what is price of pic1 ?

View attachment 3629684

Came across this gorgeous color in NM. The latest crop of Blackout cities come in white, blue and tan. The leather for this one was extremely velvety and soft!
THIS!!! .. is the one that I REALLY want!!! Now that I'm back working again, I'm going to save up my pennies .. JUST LOVE THIS!! The leather is truly spectacular on these bags, but dang-it-all, these bags ARE NOT cheap by any means!

THIS!!! .. is the one that I REALLY want!!! Now that I'm back working again, I'm going to save up my pennies .. JUST LOVE THIS!! The leather is truly spectacular on these bags, but dang-it-all, these bags ARE NOT cheap by any means!
Great news, CJ! :tup: congrats!
Will be looking forward to seeing your new acquisitions :smile:

Congrats on returning to work, Ceejay!

It's such a great color - love the contrast with the black leather underneath. I'm still holding out for the Valentine's City - hoping to find it on sale someday!

The blackout city S in black is quietly, subtly HOT. Just bought it. Small is the goldilocks size for this style - scale and proportions are perfect. Leather is sturdy, thick and buttery smooth. Doesn't seem like it would smooth into Bal-puddle, nor should it. The structure matters for this bag. Hard to find IRL -- mostly sold out in black!

Hi there, how is your blackout holding up? Would love to hear some feedback on the leather. It doesn't seem to me like it would scratch easily

Hi there, how is your blackout holding up? Would love to hear some feedback on the leather. It doesn't seem to me like it would scratch easily

It's gorgeous. Breaking in nicely--not like traditional thin Bal puddle leather and isn't meant to be. Softening as expected with lovely patina.

It's thick and rugged and rich and velvety. Not a scratch on it -and I don't baby it! Have worn for 2 1/2 months straight on urban public transit commute, in midwestern snow, on planes, trains, automobiles and hoofing it --everything. This leather suits my taste better than just about any I've had-including other Bals.

It's spectacular!

It's gorgeous. Breaking in nicely--not like traditional thin Bal puddle leather and isn't meant to be. Softening as expected with lovely patina.

It's thick and rugged and rich and velvety. Not a scratch on it -and I don't baby it! Have worn for 2 1/2 months straight on urban public transit commute, in midwestern snow, on planes, trains, automobiles and hoofing it --everything. This leather suits my taste better than just about any I've had-including other Bals.

It's spectacular!
WOO-HOO .. so glad to hear this!!!! :happydance::yahoo::tup:

View attachment 3629684

Came across this gorgeous color in NM. The latest crop of Blackout cities come in white, blue and tan. The leather for this one was extremely velvety and soft!
OMG this color is absolutely gorgeous! I wish i could see it somewhere in real life. Thanks for sharing this beautiful photo.

The more I see them, the more I like them!
Me too! At first i didn't pay any attention to them. I didn't hate the bag or love it either. But the more i see it the more i am drawn to them. There is a quiet beauty about them.

It's spectacular!
So so good to hear! Now i really, really want one now. I love that the new designer is experimenting with new styles. I am actually growing to really love the look of this bag without the hardware. It's a dark,edgy beauty, it's definitely very artsy and designer. I hope to find one in stores in black, so i can feel the leather up close and hopefully purchase.

Reactions: Chachalouve