Whisky Edith just arrived.....

beauxgoris said:
^^I also have the Chocolate color backordered (I wanted to see them both IRL and then choose).

Mercer - I just checked online and my Edith is sitting somewhere in TX right now. They backed up my delivery date until 3/29 : (

I'm on the east coast so maybe that's why mine is taking longer to get here. I'm assuming the rest of the ladies that are getting their edith's on saturday are west coast?

don't feel bad- i just checked this morning and mine got bumped back to tuesday (I hate that fedex doesn't do home deliveries on monday!). The package seemed to spend all of yesterday sitting in texas! humph! although the last time i had a package delivered with fedex the tracking was never updated and it came a day early!

pnay- thanks so much for posting those pics. I love the bag more than ever! so versitile and classic!

pnay71~ Thanks for posting photo's. That whiskey color is just beautiful. Is your B-bag a city or a first? I thought the Edith was supposed to be around he same size as the city bag - but in your photo's (if that is the first) it looks smaller than I thought it would be.

beauxgoris That was a City B bag and it's only very slightly smaller than the Edith. Maybe because it's not laying flat and is a bit slouchy so it appears smaller. The Edith though is deeper. And as I mentioned, it's kinda growing on me. I think that the initial shock of seeing it smaller than expected is going away. :biggrin:

Some of the ads show it on the model's shoulder, but I think this would be pretty uncomfortable. It is primarily for hand-held or crook-of-the-arm carrying from what I understand.

Attachments

• Chocolate Edith.jpg
    Chocolate Edith.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 46
Jill said:
Ok...Quick question for all you lucky Edith owners! Can you put it on your shoulder( I have super tiny arms....)????OR is it only hand held??

Let me just say that the drop is shorter than that of a City B bag. So I will never be able to put it on my shoulder. I can either hold it with my hands or hold it on the crook of my arms. Kinda like an LV Speedy 30.

Pnay71 said:
Let me just say that the drop is shorter than that of a City B bag. So I will never be able to put it on my shoulder. I can either hold it with my hands or hold it on the crook of my arms. Kinda like an LV Speedy 30.

^^Wow - it's shorter - I can just get my b-bag over my arm. That model (in the chocolate photo) must have twig arms!!

It's not much shorter but because the leather is stiff, it will be very hard to carry it on your shoulder. Unless of course you're like that model on the pic, which I am not. :biggrin:

Style1o1, you corrupted me (further). I ordered the Balenciaga City in ink from Barney's this afternoon. It may be a bit smaller than my normal bags, so that will be a nice change. The color looks exquisite. And I have heard these are lightweight, which will be a whole new experience for me! Between this, the Edith, and the new pocket, I will have "red" (whiskey), "white" (blank), and "blue" (ink)...patriotic, don't you think?

Pnay71 said:
It's not much shorter but because the leather is stiff, it will be very hard to carry it on your shoulder. Unless of course you're like that model on the pic, which I am not. :biggrin:

So Pnay71 - did you end up keeping Edith? Or did you return her?

I don't have twig arms at all (although I do have small shoulders) and I can get the Edith over my shoulder when wearing just a turtleneck sweater (no jacket). I'm wondering if it would get easier as the leather softened up?

beauxgoris said:
So Pnay71 - did you end up keeping Edith? Or did you return her?

I still have it. I might end up keeping it because a) it's growing on me, b) I don't want the hassle of returning, c) I don't like selling and d) I'm sure one of these days I'll find use for it. :biggrin:

I brought it to Nordstrom to show my SA and she (and the other SAs) had the same reaction. Kinda disappointed that it's not as great as in the pictures. She said she has 20 people on her list waiting for one.

^^I know what you mean. I think it's one of those bags that has to grow on you. It's not going to knock your socks off like a b-bag would.
I'm worried that I would impulsively send it back and then change my mind once I see it out and about on others (and am reminded how cute it is) and then that I would NEVER be able to get my paws on one again as all the waiting lists are sooooooooooooo long!