Which would you rather substitute?

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
what? who bought something in epsom when you were in ny? did someone buy my indigo epsom kelly with the blue jean trim? I KNEW IT WAS A BOARDIE. the truth finally comes out. who was it? fess up!
no, dorkie - it was something RED! BRIGHT RED! I could describe the shade of red, but I'd be banned faster than you can say EPSOM!

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Well, I really buy piece as a whole and having compromised in the past in certain ways, I'd never do it again, because I always regret it.
However, I'll play along for the sake of your questions.
In terms of color/leather, I'd always choose leather because I love some leathers and would buy almost any colors in them.
In terms of the size/color, I say size...because I have made that mistake before and it was wrong. You know that I was recently shown my dream Barenia in the wrong size and had to wave good-bye, just for that reason....So I look for a bag to cover my thighs first and foremost, ;)!
:love:

Yes....size.....BIG factor!

Japster

May 8, 2006
WI
no, dorkie - it was something RED! BRIGHT RED! I could describe the shade of red, but I'd be banned faster than you can say EPSOM!
Woody, I think GF's referring to my Rouge Garrance Epsom Birkin. I still wear it tons. I love that baby.

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
oh ok. forgive the accusations and finger pointing. carry on.

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I would have to pick apart every nuance in the situation....

for example, if a 36 barenia HAC came by, and I wanted olive, but it was chocolate, well, I would make the ultimate sacrifice. And get the chocolate in a hot second. If I had the funds.

but if a 36 HAC came by in olive, and it was say, doblis (HA Hfinn, you thought I was going to say epsom!!!) I would say...neigh.....I shall wait for my love. But olive VL, well I would consider...

(this HAC business is all theoretical, of course)

hlfinn

ASO The Today Show
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
what's doblis? isn't that the guy from lord of the rings?

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Thanks CB! Ok, I'm passing on this one. I haven't 'substituted" on any of my other bags, so I'm not gonna on this.

MrsMorris

O.G.
Jul 5, 2006
That's my girl!! I'm a Taurus and I come by my stubborness naturally so if you ever need extra bullish willpower, I'm game!
That being said, I do compromise sometimes --- like I'd be willing to take Raisin Box w/ PH even though I would prefer GH .... just to be flexible...

Thanks CB! Ok, I'm passing on this one. I haven't 'substituted" on any of my other bags, so I'm not gonna on this.

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
Suede...what???

Okay...now experiencing total recall...my last PO incorporated both a leather and color substitute...hmmm... Well...some bags never arrive...