Which would you rather substitute?

I can't compromise on leather if it's clemence, togo, epsom, vache natural, fjord, or ardennes. If it's anything else, I might think about it, but very carefully - so I guess the answer is no. Stick to your guns GeeEff!:biguns::search:

Well.......In thinking more about it......I could compromise on the hardware. Yep. The hardware for me is the flexible point. NOT the leather though. OR the size.

Well.......In thinking more about it......I could compromise on the hardware. Yep. The hardware for me is the flexible point. NOT the leather though. OR the size.

oh it is so interesting to read different opinions. for me hardware is key as to me it can change a color dramatically (apart from that i only like some clors with a special hardware and absoluteley can not stand it in the other variety). but i love that we all are different while loving the same brand (and h caters for all of us :heart:)

oh it is so interesting to read different opinions. for me hardware is key as to me it can change a color dramatically (apart from that i only like some clors with a special hardware and absoluteley can not stand it in the other variety). but i love that we all are different while loving the same brand (and h caters for all of us :heart:)

Exactly how I feel! I have sold bags that had the "wrong" HW color--and then been really, really upset with my SA when the "right" one came in and not only did she not bother to tell me but it was sold to someone else literally right under my nose while she stammered and probably felt bad. :cursing: (Sorry, I'm still a little angry over this one as it's fresh)

I think it totally depends on what you already have in your collection, what you perceive your "needs" are and what the accessibility is for new bags. A decade ago I would have said I would compromise on the leather. Five years ago I would have said I'd compromise on color but not leather. Now I see that there are very few bags that I am willing to compromise on color or leather, but if I had to forgo one, it would depend on the exact bag. I can't compromise on size or hardware.