Scarves Which scarf format/material is your favourite?

What is your favourite H scarf size and type to wear?

• 90 x 90 silk

Votes: 52 36.4%
  • 140 x 140 cashmere/silk (CGSM)

Votes: 85 59.4%
  • 140 x 140 silk

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Giant triangle

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Twilly or Maxi Twilly

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Losanges

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Stoles/Mufflers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 70 x 70 silk

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • 45 x 45 silk

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Anything mousseline

Votes: 14 9.8%

• Total voters

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven

skybluesky

O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.
Absolutely agree with all your reasons about the 90s! The 140s are just too much material for me and more expensive.

Suncatcher

Feb 15, 2012
I love the 140 C/S and the 140 mousselines the best. My store gifted me a 70 and a 45 and they are the only ones I have; they are great for just casually tying around the neck with a crew neck sweater.

Reactions: CMilly

CoffeeSLP

Apr 30, 2014
In a very tiny minority with plisse (it didn’t even make the poll), especially with a contrast hem. I wish they were still in production. I find them easier to wear than any other format. My dream would be to have a plisse and a flat carre, in different colorways, of all my favorite designs.

Jan 16, 2019
I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.
x2 total agree!!

Reactions: papertiger

loh

Be grateful and kind
O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
Reactions: papertiger
Apr 15, 2007
In a very tiny minority with plisse (it didn’t even make the poll), especially with a contrast hem. I wish they were still in production. I find them easier to wear than any other format. My dream would be to have a plisse and a flat carre, in different colorways, of all my favorite designs.
I was able to find a vintage one that had beautiful colors & am on the hunt looking for several others
&they are easy to wear & for me filled in the neckline of a coat that I purchased
Another reason I like the plisse is when I take it off I can put it right on my glove holder
that I keep on my Kelly bag so the chances of losing it are greatly reduced or leaving it behind

Last edited:

momasaurus

O.G.
Mar 15, 2011
I have many 90s, but I actually voted for CSGMs, which I wear almost year round, and 45s, because they are so cute and fun, and the price doesn't hurt much when I need a pick-me-up. I'm wearing them a lot now that it's hot. For me, both these formats are "throw on" whereas the 90s make me stop and think about a suitable knot.

QueenieQ

Mar 29, 2017
while most of mine are 90s silks i voted for 140s CS and 45 silks, they are easier to handle.
90s require a bit more efforts and dressing up, while other 2 formats work well with very casual jeans looks, too :smile:
I totally agree with you.
I had to pack quickly some stuff before we went to our country house for the lockdown. I took 4 CSGM and some gavroches, no 90 cm (but I regretted it... since we stayed 80 days out of town ! I missed some of them).
I also love cashmere small losanges, they are very easy to wear.
And twilly as headband.