Scarves Which scarf format/material is your favourite?

What is your favourite H scarf size and type to wear?

• 90 x 90 silk

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • 140 x 140 cashmere/silk (CGSM)

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • 140 x 140 silk

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Giant triangle

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Twilly or Maxi Twilly

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Losanges

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Stoles/Mufflers

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 70 x 70 silk

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • 45 x 45 silk

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Anything mousseline

Votes: 14 11.5%

• Total voters

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
I am curious what types of scarf people like to wear the best. I have 90s, a couple of cashmere giant triangles and 140 CGSM and prefer the latter. I have thought about getting the 140 silk but worry they may be impractical. I am a bit bored (still in lockdown) and curious what everyone likes. The poll allows for two options per vote since I suspect many can’t pick just one!

Reactions: elle woods and 880

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Dubai, UAE
while most of mine are 90s silks i voted for 140s CS and 45 silks, they are easier to handle.
90s require a bit more efforts and dressing up, while other 2 formats work well with very casual jeans looks, too :smile:

momoc

Edits Posts A Lot
May 21, 2017
Oh I need more than two options hahaha

Also I think my answer changed through my life because I have lived in a couple different places with quite different climates which changes the usefulness of certain formats (for example stoles/mufflers for colder climates).

If I am just thinking of what I love the most my vote is 90s. I just love looking at them a lot. But I think most worn is CSGMs. Like the poster above I find them easier to use with more casual outfits which is my style. So I’m voting on those two!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2007
I favor the 140 in cashmere/silk as well as the 140 in silk because I use that to wear under my jackets
A spontaneous purchase was the silk plisse to fill in the neckline of a Hermes suede
& leather lined coat that needed something unexpected & colorful..

Last edited:
Reactions: CMilly

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
I favor the 140 in cashmere/silk as well as the 140 in silk because I use that to wear under my jackets
Love of my life do you find the 140 silk easy to wear? I am debating if I want to give it a try but I am worried it will be a waste. I live in a four season climate.

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
Oh I need more than two options hahaha

Also I think my answer changed through my life because I have lived in a couple different places with quite different climates which changes the usefulness of certain formats (for example stoles/mufflers for colder climates).

If I am just thinking of what I love the most my vote is 90s. I just love looking at them a lot. But I think most worn is CSGMs. Like the poster above I find them either to use with more casual outfits which is my style. So I’m voting on those two!
I am sorry I can’t change the categories. I just tried but it won’t let me!

Apr 15, 2007
Love of my life do you find the 140 silk easy to wear? I am debating if I want to give it a try but I am worried it will be a waste. I live in a four season climate.
I wear them primarily under my jackets in the cooler weather with a knot in the center & then tied.
I also wear them like a crossover but usually under a jacket or coat.
They work best with cotton, wool or cashmere. They slide on leather which I wear a lot seasonally.
I also think some patterns/designs look better in the silk as the colors seem more vibrant & lustrous.
The CGSM catch easily...so that is another deterrent but some patterns are just glorious
& I have purchased many of the same design in multiple colorways

Reactions: Julide and CMilly

sf_newyorker

Dec 12, 2015
I chose giant triangle and maxi-twilly (in the various formats/cuts). I’m terrible at intricate knots and ties, and tend to take off/put back on my scarves several times during the day. With a triangle or mt, it’s a simple wrap around my neck and I’m done! I’m not even concerned about what parts of the design are on display.

If I could a chose third - then definitely the losange (both men’s and women’s, all sizes) for is the same reasons mentioned above!

CMilly

Mar 31, 2019
I love the 140 silks. I found them the most versatile and easy for me to wear. I have tried and tried, but I just can't seem to master many of the techniques for the 90 silks, except for just a few.
How do you wear the 140s? I just use a scarf ring for the 90s?

loh

O.G.
Jan 4, 2009
How do you wear the 140s? I just use a scarf ring for the 90s?
I have thought about a scarf ring for the 90 but haven't yet gotten one yet. For the 140, I don't know the proper technical terms for the styles but I wear it in similar styles to the shawls and have worn them in the warmer months with just blouses and in the fall/winter with jackets. For me, they just seem the easiest and less fussy to wear.

Reactions: CMilly

Langsam

Jan 28, 2017
The 90’s, for their versatility, variety, and ease of care. The 70’s, for their luscious softness and perfect dimensions for casual tie-and-go. H, please make more Vintage silk 70’s, those were so fun! My #3 is CGSM for their spectacular size & details, combined with the casual softness of fabric and colors, so cozy and comforting.