Scarves Which scarf format/material is your favourite?

What is your favourite H scarf size and type to wear?

• 90 x 90 silk

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • 140 x 140 cashmere/silk (CGSM)

Votes: 89 60.1%
  • 140 x 140 silk

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Giant triangle

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Twilly or Maxi Twilly

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Losanges

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Stoles/Mufflers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 70 x 70 silk

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • 45 x 45 silk

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Anything mousseline

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.

Absolutely agree with all your reasons about the 90s! The 140s are just too much material for me and more expensive.

I love the 140 C/S and the 140 mousselines the best. My store gifted me a 70 and a 45 and they are the only ones I have; they are great for just casually tying around the neck with a crew neck sweater.

Reactions: CMilly
In a very tiny minority with plisse (it didn’t even make the poll), especially with a contrast hem. I wish they were still in production. I find them easier to wear than any other format. My dream would be to have a plisse and a flat carre, in different colorways, of all my favorite designs.

I voted for the silk 90s just because they still reflect/shade as silk (whereas cashmere colours are less forgiving).

They are:

The most versatile to fold/style/tie
Usually have most exciting designs in an option of cws
Strong
Light
Warm or cool
East to carry/pack
Easy to wash (unlike moussies)

BTW Some of your categories could split people. I think you will find that there are many that only buy either mousseilne stoles OR 140s. There are very few that would put twillies and maxi-willies in the same category, let alone the Maxi-twilly and the maxi-twilly Cut.

Also the cashmeres that I find the most wearable are the (men's) 100s.
x2 total agree!!

Reactions: papertiger
Reactions: papertiger
In a very tiny minority with plisse (it didn’t even make the poll), especially with a contrast hem. I wish they were still in production. I find them easier to wear than any other format. My dream would be to have a plisse and a flat carre, in different colorways, of all my favorite designs.

I was able to find a vintage one that had beautiful colors & am on the hunt looking for several others
&they are easy to wear & for me filled in the neckline of a coat that I purchased
Another reason I like the plisse is when I take it off I can put it right on my glove holder
that I keep on my Kelly bag so the chances of losing it are greatly reduced or leaving it behind

Last edited:
I have many 90s, but I actually voted for CSGMs, which I wear almost year round, and 45s, because they are so cute and fun, and the price doesn't hurt much when I need a pick-me-up. I'm wearing them a lot now that it's hot. For me, both these formats are "throw on" whereas the 90s make me stop and think about a suitable knot.

while most of mine are 90s silks i voted for 140s CS and 45 silks, they are easier to handle.
90s require a bit more efforts and dressing up, while other 2 formats work well with very casual jeans looks, too :smile:
I totally agree with you.
I had to pack quickly some stuff before we went to our country house for the lockdown. I took 4 CSGM and some gavroches, no 90 cm (but I regretted it... since we stayed 80 days out of town ! I missed some of them).
I also love cashmere small losanges, they are very easy to wear.
And twilly as headband.