Which Rolex?

I think slate looks really nice also on the website but have never seen it in person. I am following this thread as I select my configuration (there are limited options in my 31 size two-tone, as I like cooler colors and most are so warm-toned when I saw them in person).

OP, would you consider a color in the middle as an option? When I was searching for photos of slate, the two-tone 36 with a slate dial is what kept popping up and it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, it looks like it is not an option in your 36 with diamond markers, but do you have any interest in the other colors?

Of these two options, I think the black is more chic and the MOP is prettier and probably more versatile.
This is exactly how I feel! Black is chic and MOP is pretty / ladylike. I love both and feel either one fits my style. My fiancé thinks the black suits my style better but I do love both equally which isn’t helping. Outside of the black and MOP dial I’m not very interested in other dials for now.

Every time I look at this influencer’s photos I’m inspired to get the black :love:haha

IMG_3345.jpeg

IMG_3344.png

IMG_3350.jpeg

This is exactly how I feel! Black is chic and MOP is pretty / ladylike. I love both and feel either one fits my style. My fiancé thinks the black suits my style better but I do love both equally which isn’t helping. Outside of the black and MOP dial I’m not very interested in other dials for now.

Every time I look at this influencer’s photos I’m inspired to get the black :love:haha

View attachment 5833083

View attachment 5833084

View attachment 5833085
I know exactly how you feel. I feel like the MOP is the safer choice, especially long term. However, the black may just give you that extra special feeling that the MOP can't provide. I am the type of person who sometimes chooses the less popular option, but I just love something that feels a little more unique to my taste. If I was choosing for myself, I would get the black. However, I will note that about 80% of my purchases are more unique, true love pieces that I am still so thrilled with, 10% were mistakes that just are not practical (but I love in theory), and only about 10% are typical staple pieces "the wise choices". So I may not be the best one to give advice. I don't regret most of my "staple" items, but some of them are more functional vs true love.

Thank you both for your input! My SA knows these 2 are on my wishlist and I haven’t been able to try either on in person for the past several years. I’ll keep you all updated once I get it! Might just leave it up to fate depending on which one comes in the store first :angel:
MOP - they are all different, so unique. I have a MOP with diamonds and a pink with roman. Every time I look at the MOP, I kept telling myself that was the best decision 15 years ago, zero regrets.

I prefer a black dial on an Oyster Perpetual as it gives a sportier look.

Reactions: missie1 and etudes
Thank you both for your input! My SA knows these 2 are on my wishlist and I haven’t been able to try either on in person for the past several years. I’ll keep you all updated once I get it! Might just leave it up to fate depending on which one comes in the store first :angel:
How about Black MoP? I know they're officially no longer on the website; but your SA might be able to find you one if you ask? When I got mine (but in 31), it was no longer on the website but my SA managed to track down 2 for me - took her a few months & also a lot of luck!

Reactions: GraffS
How about Black MoP? I know they're officially no longer on the website; but your SA might be able to find you one if you ask? When I got mine (but in 31), it was no longer on the website but my SA managed to track down 2 for me - took her a few months & also a lot of luck!
I was looking at this, so I know that black MOP with diamond markers is available on the website in TT size 31. Is this what you have? I would love to see photos of your watch and I'm sure that it will help OP as well.

IMG_5302.png

• Love
Reactions: etudes
I was looking at this, so I know that black MOP with diamond markers is available on the website in TT size 31. Is this what you have? I would love to see photos of your watch and I'm sure that it will help OP as well.
Mine is in rose gold instead of yellow gold. I can't find the rose gold options on their website anymore... here's a pic of mine, but it's really hard to capture the colour as it changes with every movement / lighting change.

watch 1.jpg