Which Rolex?

I prefer the J/F over the one you purchased. (I am not a Roman numeral fan at all.) But the diamond marker is definitely flashy and blingy and will get noticed on campus as very few university students wear Rolexes to school let alone a diamond one. I would sell the one you have and not buy a watch for a bit until you decide whether you are truly fine with wearing a flashy watch on campus. Indecisiveness gets expensive if you have to buy & sell to land on the right decision.

The AD told me they have this one in stock but just for today. I think it’s pretty, but I’m not sure if I should jump on it or just wait like others have said. This is the tough thing about Rolex. Offers only last for a very short period of time and there are long waiting periods. It really puts pressure on you.

IMG_7624.jpeg

I strongly prefer the one you own bc I owned J /F in the 1980s and 1990s. In fact the J/F was the watch of that time.
But, it really sounds like you prefer J/F so I would get that one, and simply be grateful that you can make the switch now
Always go with your gut instinct, and if you really aren’t sure, I recommend waiting until you are absolutely certain. Your AD sounds like he is pushing for a fast sale. The j/F will come around again. They will make more.

ETA: I prefer plain markers and dislike the Roman numerals, but the diamond markers may be a bit flashy for a college student (thats all personal taste and opinion though). You know best what is right for you.

Last edited:
Don't jump to a decision if you are not absolutely sure. I don't understand why the watch above is in stock for today only?
He said that he has someone else on the list who has wanted it so he offered it to be first, but if not the other client will receive it - which is understandable, it just feels like a decision being made under pressure though.

He said that he has someone else on the list who has wanted it so he offered it to be first, but if not the other client will receive it - which is understandable, it just feels like a decision being made under pressure though.
I think you should take your time, I would not purchase another watch immediately. Ladies DJs in 28, 31 sizing are not that difficult to get at an AD, you will definitely have more chances in the future to buy.

I think you should take your time, I would not purchase another watch immediately. Ladies DJs in 28, 31 sizing are not that difficult to get at an AD, you will definitely have more chances in the future to buy.
Thank you! I hope so. I turned down the offer and I think I will be patient for now and sell the current one I have as others have suggested. I really appreciate everyone on here and all of the opinions/feedback I have received. I really want this purchase to be something I’ll love for a long time, so I think some reflection time and a break from all of this would be the best option. And if I’m patient, hopefully my dream watch will come. Thanks everyone :smile:

Edit: I also wanted to add that I really appreciate how kind everyone has been in their response. I recently lost my mother this year and she’s the person I would usually make this kind of decision with. It was always special because I really admired her taste and fashion sense. It’s been a difficult year, but thank you all for being kind and patient with my indecisiveness.

Last edited:
You have already gotten great advice.
Firstly I am sorry to hear of your mother’s loss. Hugs.
Secondly, I like the advice to sell your current Rolex. You will then remove that stress.
Then play around online with the configurations to see what you love. Pretend all options are on the table. Try to get down to 1-3 options you love. If there are aspects you are unsure of (face colour, markers) go into AD and ask to see those items in other watches. I am sure your mind will merge to the exact combo or 2 to 3 combos you love. Once you have that then request those combos and sit and wait. Decline all other offers. It is annoying waiting but it seems you have a relationship already with an AD and the combo you want will arrive. Try and turn this into a fun exercise and remove the stress.

Sell it and don't buy another watch until you're sincerely settled on a choice. You instinctively don't like what you bought, and I get that--evidently you didn't go with your true feelings. So, next time, go with your gut. With so many questions about dial type, you just aren't there yet.

Are these your 2 faves?

I ask because, I chose the MOP given only 2 choices. The darker face is SO high contrast, so I chose the other. If I could choose anything I’d choose something in between. Typically I choose contrast, but I don’t love it on my wrist for a daily wear.
Yes these are my 2 faves for now and thanks for your input!

Reactions: missie1