Which bag have you been secretly wanting but don't get because of how common it is?

^ I hate that LV can be so everywhere. My other reason for hesitation with the Speedy is because of my age. I'm 20 but I guess I look about 22-24 but even so, LV is one of the most faked brands and (at least here in the home of Canal St) to a lot of people, young girl with commonly faked bag= fake bag (a notion that, unfortunately, many of my friends prove true on a daily basis) I don't carry my bags for others and I don't always mind about buying brands that have a lot of fake twins floating around (I love Chanel and they're heavily faked as well) but Louis Vuitton is on a whole other level of fakes here, and maybe it's a bit silly but I just don't want my age to take away from the legitimacy of the bag. As I said, I'm going to buy it anyway but those are my issues with it

Reactions: handbagkay
On one hand, I understand the concern about not wanting something that is commonly faked; but on the other, the convergence of technology and fashion means that just about everything can and will be both counterfeited and widely distributed. An example of this is that I had to be in Little Italy for the first time post crackdown today (see this article for an explanation http://ny.racked.com/archives/2010/...terfeit_triangle_is_doomed.php#comment-528282), and I noticed that suddenly, no counterfeit Guccis, Fendis, LVs, Chanels-but plenty of counterfeit Hermes, since there is no logo that cops can immediately spot and confiscate, and because their public profile (at least of the Birkin and Kelly) has increased so much in the past few years. What can you do other than get what you want?

In a way, isn't rejecting something you actually like because of its "commoness" still allowing other people to control what you do or don't do? :thinking:

I would love to buy one or two Gerard Darel Saint Germain in pretty colours but here in Paris almost every girl between 15 an 45 years old has it. I already own one that I love to pieces but I don't wear it as much as I used to now that I see the same bag everywhere...

LV Neverfull. My friend had it and it seemed like a perfect bag for a day at a beach. However everyone and their 12-year-old sister is carrying it so I don't want it anymore.
Moreover I live in a cold country so my chances to go to the beach are very limited. :amuse:

I have to be unoriginal and add my vote to the LV Neverfull here.... I've shy-ed away from the Neverfull because of its ubiquity, and I had gone on exploring many alternative tote bag options . But alas, I must admit that nothing I've owned is as good as the Neverfull so I eventually jumped on the bandwagon and bought it in the DE print when I was at Heathrow (couldn't pass on the super attractive duty-free price).

Now that this bag is in my collection and I've been loving it for the few times that I wore it, but I am still bothered by how frequently I see it on the streets. I think if it wasn't so common, it would've became my everyday work bag. But now, it's just my rainy day/weekender bag.

Reactions: papertiger
LV Speedy in Damier Ebene. I had the speedy Bandouliere in size 35 in Damier Ebene for a while but I sold it because it was too big. With the intentions of replacing the same bag but in the 25. But now I'm really hesitant to purchase it again due to how it seems like I see the same bag on every other girls arm on the street. I loved the bag though but feel I can replace it with a similar size bag from another brand and would feel a little bit more special lol

The Gucci Soho Disco. I was searching for a versatile and practical crossbody and kept going back to it but would hesitate because I felt it had had its day and was so "done". So I considered and in more than a few cases purchased (and returned) a number of other bags: Pandora mini, YSL College, Mini Falabella, Mulberry Darley satchel, Faye... None was the perfect bag I wanted. So at the end I caved in, got the Disco in the most ubiquous of colors, black, and couldn't be happier with it!

I was like that for the longest time for the Louis Vuitton Neverfull. However, instead of avoiding the purchase, I just opted for more "special" pieces, such as the Azur MM with rose ballerine interior and the World Tour Collection Neverfull. Nothing seem to stop me from buying LV haha

Mono NF for me as well. I like the functionality of it but like others have already mentioned. It is WAAAYYY too common where I live. If I was in my 20's then I probably wouldn't bother me as much to be "one of the crowd" but I'm not and I want to have something that is not as common and not as "faked", kwim?
I had the same thoughts! Too common and I don't want to be like everyone else. However, LV releases special editions of their NFs really often, like that World Tour Monogram NF. Just got mine a couple months ago haha. :heart:

Probably about 5 years ago I secretly wanted a Rebecca Minkoff crossbody, but then everyone had one and now I hardly see them anymore.

I also secretly want an LV Neverful, but like others it's just far too common and I don't want a bag that every other woman and teen has.