Which bag have you been secretly wanting but don't get because of how common it is?

Kami lala

Mar 25, 2009
For me, it's a monogram LV for its versatility and general good looks ;) but I can't for the life of me bring myself to get one! I certainly don't frown on ladies who do carry one, in fact, I love to see authentic LV. The problem is that I, personally and without intended offense to anyone loving theirs, am afraid I'd feel unoriginal and boastful. I'm afraid I'd be screaming, "Look at me, I'm carrying LV!" every time I walked down the street. I'm also afraid I'd have people trying to figure out whether it's authentic or not, and I just don't want to commit to that much or kind of attention.

That being said, is there a bag that you've been drooling over but can't bring yourself to buy or even admit to liking? And why? :thinking: :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: s3raph1nas and vink
Neverfull. It's exactly what I need but since it is a fashion statement in itself and very popular, I have been hesitant to get one. Others cannot compare like Prada (only made it in nylon), Burberry (too light colored), Gucci (goes on sale), etc...

For me, it's a monogram LV for its versatility and general good looks ;) but I can't for the life of me bring myself to get one! I certainly don't frown on ladies who do carry one, in fact, I love to see authentic LV. The problem is that I, personally and without intended offense to anyone loving theirs, am afraid I'd feel unoriginal and boastful. I'm afraid I'd be screaming, "Look at me, I'm carrying LV!" every time I walked down the street. I'm also afraid I'd have people trying to figure out whether it's authentic or not, and I just don't want to commit to that much or kind of attention.

This is EXACTLY how I feel!! Somebody finally put it into words!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :lol: For me it's the exact same bag: LV Mono Neverfull!!!

Believe it or not, I actually bought one a few weeks ago, took it home, and then decided I couldn't go through with it (though I DO like the bag, and it fits the bill for what I need).

So I returned it the next day. :shame:

I will most likely get it again, however, though I am considering the Damier this time - that's a bit more subtle and hard-wearing.

I have to admit that this is entirely MY issue, and nothing to do with the lovely Neverfull.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :lol: For me it's the exact same bag: LV Mono Neverfull!!!

Believe it or not, I actually bought one a few weeks ago, took it home, and then decided I couldn't go through with it (though I DO like the bag, and it fits the bill for what I need).

So I returned it the next day. :shame:

I will most likely get it again, however, though I am considering the Damier this time - that's a bit more subtle and hard-wearing.

I have to admit that this is entirely MY issue, and nothing to do with the lovely Neverfull.

Too funny! I'm considering the Damier as well for this same reason..

I totally love the LV XL Mahina bags - love the both the black and the white versions.

I just cant bring myself to buy LV - Korean girl carrying a Louis Vuitton bag - how cliche can you get?

L.V too ! But speedy/keepall in black epi ...

and I can't bring myself to purchase a white MC clés ( even if it's small) to clip on my St Louis .... I don't know, I've always tried to shy away from the logoed....( monogram bags Gucci/ LV very popular in the "IT-crowd" in my school )

I had the same thoughts on LV (still have a bit, but less now because I'm 'hooked' lol!). Thought I'd never buy it, but couldn't resist and got a L.E. speedy b/c I did like it being a bit more original.
I only have gotten one regular mono after that (the Tivoli) b/c I loved the size and quality. I don't like it being so obvious lv either ( I get a lot of looks with it, most of which I don't like) but try to ignore that b/c I love it so much myself. In the end, I prefer buying other, less common LV's like the vernis line and L.E.'s....

There are some leather Coaches I see that are nice looking. But EVERYONE here carries Coach so I just can't convince myself to get one. Lots of people carry Le Pliages too, but for some reason it doesn't bother me and I plan on getting one in the next few weeks.

Mono NF for me as well. I like the functionality of it but like others have already mentioned. It is WAAAYYY too common where I live. If I was in my 20's then I probably wouldn't bother me as much to be "one of the crowd" but I'm not and I want to have something that is not as common and not as "faked", kwim?