Where to Sell/Buy Gently Used Louboutins

shoecrazy

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
I have a toddler and a lifestyle these days that doesn't really jive with all the 4-5" heels in my closet :smile:. In the past, I've sold shoes via eBay, but I just don't feel like dealing with the hassle and the high fees.

Can anyone recommend an online consignment shop where I can just ship a bunch of shoes and have them deal with it?

I know there have been threads on online consignment in general but I'm interested in finding a place that has particular expertise in selling Louboutin shoes.

Thanks in advance!

I had a good experience with Yoogis, just beware about their listing titles. Yoogis is notorious for writing sizes .5 off. I bought pair listed as Size 36, it was actually Size 36.5.
I emailed Yoogi's back and they said I could return it. I decided to take it to a cobbler so Yoogis gave me back $20 to get it taken in. (sling back)

if you are trying to avoid high fees you might be better off selling them on ebay yourself. ebay takes roughly 10% and pp fees are 3 or 4%?

consignment stores often take 30-50% of the selling price on top of the fact that they will discount the item the longer it sits.

sites like yoogis and fashionphile will offer you buy your items up front but will offer you pretty low prices in my opinion and that's even if they take your items to begin with.

if you do decide to go with consignment i have dealt with yoogis once... i sold them a pair of chanel pumps. the price they offered was fair (i didn't want to sit with them any longer) and they refunded me my shipping cost once they bought the item.

good luck with your sales!

Hey shoecrazy! Great to see you! Linda's Stuff also will allow you to ship to them. Not sure what the fees are, but might be worth checking out.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm very excited about the purge - I can't wait to have a closet full of things I actually wear and use.

I've used eBay a lot but I'm so wary of all the effort and the need to convince people that everything's authentic - I just don't have the time or energy right now.

I took photos of 21 pairs of shoes (>50% Loubs) and boots and 3 bags this morning - now I'm going to upload them to Picasa and contact a few consignment shops.

It really is a crime that I have so many nice things that I never use. I have such a different attitude about acquiring stuff than I did 3 years ago.

So, we can't sell shoes on here. I know a lot of people love using eBay, but after the couple experiences I've had, I am just sick of it.

What other options do we have to part with Louboutins that you don't wear?

You can try to find a local designer resale shop or send your shoes into online resale---Ann's Fabulous Finds, Yoogies Closet and Fashiophile are the ones at the top of my head. If you do a search on them, you will find a bunch of info!

But more than likely you will make more money by selling them yourself on Ebay or Bonanza.