Where to Sell/Buy Gently Used Louboutins

Lollipuff! I'm selling a pair right now. I don't think there's as much site traffic as other sites but it's so easy to list. Hopefully someone will buy my shoes eventually lol.

I have sold mine on Poshmark pretty easily, they take a 20% fee but they cover shipping and process the payment for you. The upside is a good customer base. (MOST) of the girls on there are really nice but there are a few that try to haggle you down to nothing or trade. I don't recommend trading under any circumstances because of all the horror stories I've read on there with people being scammed. Good luck!

Not sure where to put this but I was wondering where, in your experience, is the best place to sell Louboutins? As in ease of listing, fees and of course where do you get the most customers and the most money. :graucho:

I have several Louboutins that have been impulse buys and don't fit and instead of just using them as ornaments I thought I should try to get some money for them so I can buy shoes that I can actually use. Most are in new or barely used condition.

But I have never sold anything online before and am not sure where to sell? Ebay.com seems obvious but I live in Europe. Do US buyers want to pay the extra shipping or risk customs fees?

Please share your experiences! :smile:

Ebay is a good place to start, but be aware of the fees....unfortunately, because of the fees(final value fee, paypal fees and final value fees on what you charge to ship), you have to "pad" the listing price...which unfortunately drives away potential buyers....very sad what ebay has become.....

Hello OP,
I am in the same dilemma, for the same reasons as you.

Currently I am *thinking* of trying to sell through vestiaire collective. This is France based and all items are checked and verified for authenticity by VC staff before shipment to buyer, so you avoid the problems with a seller denying authenticity etc. On the downside it's expensive, on the up-side it's Europe-based, reaches out mainly to UK/France, but there are other Europeans too, so no taxes for the buyer.

Good luck with whatever you decide

I've used Yoogis closet before and the entire process is trouble free. you get more money back if you sell it yourself on Ebay, but run the risk of getting scammed now that there are more and more scammers on Ebay

I've been burned on eBay a couple of times but unfortunately there aren't many other options with the reach that eBay has. eBay has also become very "buyer friendly" which places additional risk on sellers. That being said I have had several successful sales of my Loubis on there too. What ever you go with OP, good luck!

I sold a pair of glitter piggies for $450 on eBay and got about $400 from it.

I talked to the buyer beforehand and she was very sweet. So no problems with that sale. It was my first eBay sale.

I actually sell on multiple sites. Here are the fees for each of the sites where you can set your own price. I didn't lost other second hand stores who sell FOR you (yoogis fashionphile)

eBay: 13% of selling price (10% eBay plus 3% PayPal)

Poshmark 20% of selling price, but buyer pays for shipping. I found poshmark users tend to try to lowball offers and negotiate, so keep this in mind in terms of your patience

Shop hers: most of the stuff that sells quickly here r high end stuff. Think louis vuittons and louboutins and Chanel. Very few buyers will try to negotiate with you and as a seller, you have to ship your item to the headquarters, who will then take full responsibilities for returns, authentications and other headaches. 18% commission + sellers pay shipping to the hq but well worth it in my opinion

Thread flip. Lots of low balling and negotiation here as well. Very similar to poshmark but none of my high designer items sell here. Mostly out of season manolos and Michael kors things I have sold on here. 20% commission again

Tradesy: 9% of selling price + 3% of that price if you want to transfer yor funds to PayPal. If not, you can use it to buy stuff on tradesy and not be penalized the 3%.
A big variety on what is popular on this site. I personally sell very quickly on here.

Hope this helps!

Hi Ladies,

I have this mustard/yellow Rachel Boston Louboutin Satchel with the price tag and everything on that I've been trying to sell. My hubby bought me another Louboutin bag around the same time and so I've been trying to sell the one I bought (cuz of course I'd keep his gift over mine). I took it to a couple designer consignment stores, and the price quotes were ridiculous so I kept holding on to it.

I really would love to sell it and use the money towards something else instead of having it just sit in a box.

Do you ladies recommend any sites that I can sell it fast and get my money's worth? I'm okay with losing a bit of money but I can't sell it for the fraction of the price when it's brand new. Not to mention at the time I was buying it another lady really wanted this and told me she has only seen it in red and black in other department stores and have never come across this unique color, so I know it's in high demand because it's hard to come across one like this. I've been beating myself up for it, wishing she would have bought it then and not me.

Please advise!

Thanks,
Natasha